• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 135
  • Total: 135
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Dave

Congrats Jonathan, cracking shot  :)
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Graham

WMMFGT?
              For the last couple of months I've been working on a project for the venue where I do most of my gig pics.
              I've just deliverd the finished work and they'er very happy with them and will be using them in a forthcoming brochure to promote the venue.
              They've put me on their preferd supplier list and are happy with the fee I charged. (I charged at the middle to lower end of the standard freelance rate [as far as I could find.] plus a licence fee.)
                                  Graham.  :D

Oh. And I've been granted photo passes for "Motorhead" and "Manic Street Preachers"!  :dance:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on June 29, 2010, 07:03:11 PM
WMMFGT?
              For the last couple of months I've been working on a project for the venue where I do most of my gig pics.
              I've just deliverd the finished work and they'er very happy with them and will be using them in a forthcoming brochure to promote the venue.
              They've put me on their preferd supplier list and are happy with the fee I charged. (I charged at the middle to lower end of the standard freelance rate [as far as I could find.] plus a licence fee.)
                                  Graham.  :D

Oh. And I've been granted photo passes for "Motorhead" and "Manic Street Preachers"!  :dance:

Well done Graham.  :tup:

Jonathan

Quote from: Just Dave on June 29, 2010, 02:50:38 PM
Congrats Jonathan, cracking shot  :)

If you think that's good.....the rest of the shoot just got launched to the world.  http://www.madelineisaacjames.com/ Splash image (which I love) and all of Candlelit and Starlet collections are mine :)
It's Guest's round

skellum

Managed to find another printer to replace my worn out Epson R 1800. I went for a secondhand Epson R 2400 which I was able to test before buying from a retiring photographer in Halifax. Everything seems ok so far...... :tup:...... :legit:

Graham

Sounds just the job Dave. Just make sure that it earns it's keep!
                    Graham. :tup:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

skellum

Quote from: Graham on June 30, 2010, 04:45:56 PM
 Sounds just the job Dave. Just make sure that it earns it's keep!

I'm sure it will Graham  the specification is a lot better than the last one and I can definitely see the difference in the print quality....  :dance:
After a week of  being messed about with PC World who only supply higher spec printers on-line and could take up to a week to arrive I am glad I went for this one. I did consider a Canon equivalent but happy to stay with Epson......... :legit:

Graham

WMMFGT?
                    The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain have asked for use of this pic. :)

If your curious, try them here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfK-UzQ48JE

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

picsfor

they seem worth a watch - you must have struggled with the old camera shake their Graham in between chuckles...

Well done on the pick as well.

Graham

Quote from: picsfor on July 01, 2010, 09:10:24 AM
they seem worth a watch - you must have struggled with the old camera shake their Graham in between chuckles...

Well done on the pick as well.

Wonderful gentle humour the whole evening, and one of the few occasions where I've stayed for the whole show.
     If anyones interested the back view pic is with a 14-24/2.8 poking though the black backdrop set up in the interval (There was an 18" gap between the backdrop and the back wall  :)) with a remote cable running under the stage.
     The front view is a pano of I think 5 shots taken with a 70-200/2.8 at the long end.
     Oh, and I flipped the bottom pic horizontaly.
                         Graham.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Just Dave

Hi

Some shots of a man that had to be rescued after getting into trouble swimming, I received an email from a news paper asking could they use my images I said yes and asked them for a fee which they were happy to pay for them, 2 made front page and 3 made page 4, well chuffed

Images and Story

Heres the original images I took Whilst at Birkacre, when this scene unfolded

A Chorley Man Name **Withheld** 34yrs had to be rescued on Saturday 26th June at around 2 o'clock he got into trouble whilst swimming at Birkacre, Yarrow Valley, Chorley, a local beauty spot, he was swimming when he got cramp in his right leg, he managed to swim to the tern raft, he climbed on, I went to tell the ranger but the centre was closed. Meanwhile someone rang the police, a total of 3 appliances arrived and a Fire and Rescue Vehicle, with a dingy, He was on the raft for approx 1hr, he was then safely brought to shore. The tern were going crazy dive bombing him, hope they go back also the chicks were very scared on one of the images you can see one has its head out of the netting the others were huggled in a corner.

Dave

Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Graham

Nice set of pics there Dave, really tells the story.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Just Dave

Thanks Graham, it was a good test for me as I had to keep changing my lenses, fast, 150-500mm to kit lens and back again a couple of times, Im well chuffed  :dance:

Eileen

Love the orchestra pics Graham - they work really well.  ;D

And your pictures really capture the story Dave - congratulations on the good work and on getting paid.  :beer:

Two things made me feel good today:

First, I paid a trip to Grays of Westminster to buy a new toy - the 16-35 zoom. I've wanted a wideangle zoom for ages and this looks pretty good so far. It'll get its first serious outing on Sunday. While in Grays I played with some of their fabulous stock. The new Nikon 70-200 lens was very impressive indeed. But... Then I tried a Noct Nikkor 58mm AIS f/1.2. Wow. The picture below is a rubbish snap - I was just testing out the focus on the first thing I saw. But I think you can see the potential with the right subject - imagine this as a portrait lens. Grays say they do a good trade in these and an 85mm lens, also manual focus, with film makers as their main customers.

Then I got paid a great compliment. I've finished my recent wedding snaps and sent them to my clients. The bride's mother sent the link to a friend who said she liked them so much they made her want to cry. I'm terribly aware of all their many failings but getting feedback like this tells me that I must be doing something right.

irv_b

WMMFGT
A friend sent this link from today
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/life-style/2010/06/35-pictures-that-demand-explanation.html
apologies if you have seen them before but they made me chuckle :2funny:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.