• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 137
  • Total: 137
  • Bingbot
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on February 09, 2015, 06:35:20 PM
Got up this morning and the electricity was off. No computer, no central heating and the phone seemed to be down as well. Found my mobile and the battery was flat!

Thought, well I'll have a cuppa, no electric kettle of course! Decided to go to golf but the weather turned nasty so that was off the menu. Dead loss!  >:(

Decide to sit with the wife and had a chat for a couple of hours.

She seems like a nice lady.

Did she remember your name?  :P

ABERS

Oldboy

ABERS

Had a phone call from my cousin's wife last evening to tell that Dave was appearing on a programme called 'Stars in their Eyes', which has apparently been resurrected recently. It's the one where people imitate their favourite artist. The one where they walk off through a dry ice cloud only to reappear as their idol.

My cousin has always been a Big Band fan, Duke Ellington, Count Basey, Benny Goodman, Woody Herman and the Herd  etc.

As he walked off into the cloud he turned to the audience and said, "Tonight I'm going to be Glenn Miller".

I could tell by her tone she was a little concerned.

She's still looking for him!  8)

donoreo

Quote from: ABERS on February 11, 2015, 08:51:57 AM
Had a phone call from my cousin's wife last evening to tell that Dave was appearing on a programme called 'Stars in their Eyes', which has apparently been resurrected recently. It's the one where people imitate their favourite artist. The one where they walk off through a dry ice cloud only to reappear as their idol.

My cousin has always been a Big Band fan, Duke Ellington, Count Basey, Benny Goodman, Woody Herman and the Herd  etc.

As he walked off into the cloud he turned to the audience and said, "Tonight I'm going to be Glenn Miller".

I could tell by her tone she was a little concerned.

She's still looking for him!  8)
<groan>  ::)

Hinfrance

Looking at the zone of tuna debris surrounding the cat's food dish, and recalling the recent BBC programme about pets and the information that cat's are very tidy eaters.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Quote from: Hinfrance on February 11, 2015, 05:24:52 PM
Looking at the zone of tuna debris surrounding the cat's food dish, and recalling the recent BBC programme about pets and the information that cat's are very tidy eaters.

Don't be too quick to blame YOUR cat. I watched a program a week ago that studied cats in a small village in the south of England. One of the more interesting finds (to me anyway)
was the discovery that if you have a cat door, a neighbour's cat may be coming in and eating the food (and making a mess maybe?). :2funny:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

Oh no, it's definitely our cat. It was during the day time, and anyway our neighbour's cat is an old English sheep dog called Garp. He weighs 60 kilos, but he's not fat, just huge. And very friendly. And way too big to get through the cat flap.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

My better half asked me to sort the fridge in expectation of new groceries being purchased. Apparently we THINK we like pickles, but apparently not enough to finish a jar. 2 large jars of sweet pickles, half full and 4 jars of dill pickles in various stages of fullness, ranging from full, to, only one pickle left.  ::)
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

Female logic - "I haven't put it anywhere, I just moved it" when asked where something I had been using went missing . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

ABERS

What bemused me? Where does all the time go?

Looking at the date I realise that 60 years ago today I was getting both nervous and excited in equal measure, because tomorrow I was accepting Her Majesty's kind but firm invitation to join her merry men for a couple of years!  ???

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Beaux Reflets

Were you for or against "National Service" when you did your stint Alan?

I wonder what the general overall reaction would be from the youth of today if it was reinstated.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

DigiDiva

Abers I didn't realise you were old enough to do national service. I think it should be brought back maybe not for everyone but to try to instill discipline and regime into the lives of some people (male and female) who really contribute nothing to society.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.