• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 26
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 27
  • Total: 27
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Mark Hughes

Started by Bigbill, September 16, 2009, 07:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbill

Hewwo from chilly Sheffy
Now then,i apologise to those who hate footy,i love the game(saeson ticket at The Owls),so,for those of you still with me here,can you believe Mark Hughes trying to defend Adebayore !!!
To be honest i,m stunned and quite ashamed of the whole thing.
How anyone can knowingly stamp on someones face is beyond me,if one of my kids did that i,d roast them,but,we get Mr Hughes trying to defend it,,,,,,,our manager Brian Laws recently transfer listed a player(Francis Jeffers) for striking an opponent,and hes not been seen since.Hughesy needs to look in the mirror and think about what he sees,i see an empty scared manager who is trembling incase his multi million pound "super star" spits his dummy out when he(hopefuly)gets banned for a very long time.

Shine On

wendoureecat

I am one of the unfortunate people who get up at anything from 12am to 4am to watch the gunners on a Sunday morning (the joys of living half way round the world  :'( ). I saw the incident and was astounded that he got away with it on the pitch it should have been a red card immediately and from other footage I have seen Adebayore knew exactly what he was doing. Mark Hughes shouldnt have played him in that game after what I heard was reported in the papers before the game or he should have at least some control over the guy. His behaviour after scoring the goal towards the Arsenal fans was akin to inciting racial hatred. I hope Hughes has the sense to keep him at home later in the season when they play at Emerates.

Yes I am a one eyed Arsenal supporter but am not that biased that I wont say when they are doing the wrong thing but in last weekends game Adebayore was the instigator of some very dirty play. But all this is my opinion and am sure the FA will do what is right (ok I know thats a big leap of faith  ;D )

ABERS

I read this morning that Man.C. are not contesting the F.A. charge against Adebayore. A cynical ploy to hopefully get a reduced sentence?

We might have the best league in the world with the Premiership, and it has attracted some astounding players. What it has also attracted are different cultures and attitudes to the sport along the way. Diving and playacting now seem to be a couple of attributes to top players' portfolios, and worst of all is spitting at an opponent, and call me xenophobic, but gobbing is about as un-British as you can get.  

greypoint

When you pay people stupid amounts of money for kicking a ball around I suppose some of them are bound to reach the conclusion that they're actually very important and untouchable.

minky_monkey

The problem is, given the amount of coverage football gets, is that youngsters seeing this sort of behaviour start to emulate it.  It`s already happening in the junior leagues now.

Personally, I`ve moved away from watching top flight football and have started watching my local side - Kingstonian FC.   

Carlj

Interesting quote from Wenger, can't recall verbatim, but went like this "Ask 100 people about Adebayor's tackle and 99 will condemn it, the 100th is Mark Hughes.

Replace the Bold with Eduardo's dive and Arsene Wenger  :beer:

Bigbill

Hewwo from windy Sheffy,

I cant beleive he got away with a 3 game ban,should have been 33!
Theyre all so damn hypocritical,always "i didnt see",,,,oh for Cloughie,or Gordan Strachan etc etc
Its the steel city derby tomorrow,,,,,,,,,,,i,m dreading it !!!!!

Shine On

Nemesis

Presumably the FA accepted the plea that Adebayor deliberately stamping on an opponent wasn't done maliciously - Hughes' comments on that defy belief.  By that logic the fans were merely indulging in a little light-hearted barracking when throwing missiles onto the pitch in reaction to Adebayor's goal celebrations.

Give me non-league football any day.

Trickee

i watched his behaviour and he should have been given a much stiffer sentence-very unprofessional conduct from a so called professional footballer >:(
mark hughes needs to take a reality check and watch a few replays.

Carlj

Don't forget - this is only the first of the charges. The second, inciting the crowd, is due on 25th I believe...

greypoint

Just what I need - a Sheffield Wednesday fan! I've had this print - donated to our charity - in my shed for the past two years or so, meaning to get round to try and sell it. Is it worth anything though?? Limited run of 1000 no.186. No idea what year it's from - perhaps I can be enlightened ::)

stevebedder

Not all footballers are jumped up overpaid plonkas, Carl Baker from Stockport County proved that last week....

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/brian-reade/Stockport-and-Carl-Baker-have-reminded-us-football-has-not-lost-its-soul-article163331.html

Not a good result for your boys last night BigBill

Steve

Bigbill

Hewwo from Chilly Sheffy,
Steve,nah,not the best of results but a cracking game,good advert for the Championship,
its fair to say that not all players are gutless greedy cowards,seems the higher up the league you go the more of them there are.
SWFC are this year wearing shirts with the Sheffield Childrens Hospital logo on the front,and they PAID THE HOSPITAL for the right to do this,also,for every shirt sold a donation goes to the hospital,,,,,,HOW GOOD IS THAT  ?
As a team,slow progress is being made,we are a loooOOooong way off play offs or anything like that,but,as you will see,we are going in the right direction.

Shine On

Greypoint,please see your PM in box.

daisiemaetulip

if i suddenly became prime minister, i'd cap their wage for a start.. and i would also stop it being a spectator sport.. there is such a huge drain on our resources at these matches.. unnecessary..

Graham

I heard someone say on the radio that if a player insists on diveing then he should be made to play the next match in a diveing suit! :2funny:
                           Graham. :)

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.