• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 129
  • Total: 129
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

We have done Oldboy. And I think we may suggest a discount for the mess they have made.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

To true. My brother had a load of trouble with one a few years ago. He decided to sue him but took ages to find another one to handle the case. He won.  :tup:

Hinfrance

What a pain in the posterior. They do say that moving house is one of the most stressful things in life.  I have moved 23 times in my life*, not counting university accommodations, more than enough. Although probably a few more to go. I had moved in to one house for less than two weeks before my employers moved me to the other end of the country . .

Definitely ask, no demand, that your invoice is discounted. :)

* including 10 times with my parents, .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

That's an awful lot of moves H!
We have been in out current house for 14 years, but now with three boys we have outgrown it.

We are so far down the line we don't think it's worth changing  at this stage.
I'm chasing them again today so fingers crossed.

Chris

StephenBatey

Apart from two rental places, we've only had two addresses since 1973; and our last move to our current address in 1977 went very smoothly. Viewed the house in the spring, moved in in May, and the solicitor used came recommended by someone in my office, and was just around the corner from said office. Sign when required, no hitches in the chain, no problems.

Except it took a week to find the legs for our bed, which the removal men had creatively packed in the clothes bin... We found them when we did our first wash.

I hope everything gets sorted quickly for you.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Jediboy

Thanks Stephen.

That was a creative but of hide and seek by the removal people!

Chris

anglefire

Apart from Poly (Back in the old days when it was Poly's and Uni's!) I've only moved house 3 times - twice with my parents (About 4 or 5 and again when I was 10) - then moved out in 1994 to go into the current house with my new wife. No plans on moving anytime soon! Hopefully I'll be carried out in box next time.

I did work away from home (when at Mum and Dads) between 1987 and 1989 so had a few different lodgings - but never moved as such!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Quote from: Jediboy on December 11, 2020, 11:31:18 AM
That's an awful lot of moves H!
We have been in out current house for 14 years, but now with three boys we have outgrown it.

We are so far down the line we don't think it's worth changing  at this stage.
I'm chasing them again today so fingers crossed.

Good luck with the rest of the process.

Yes, I have moved a lot, but I have been living in my current house for nearly 18 years, the longest I have ever stayed anywhere. Might have something to do with having a pool  . . .  :D
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

My Mac is playing up and it's driving me crazy.

I have been trying to upload some photos from LR to edit some star trails from yesterday. It has crashed once after about 4 hours of uploading. I stared again, did another 90 minutes and it has crashed again.

And to top it all off my mouse pad has stopped working.

Happy new year to me.  😭😭

Chris

Jediboy

I have managed to get it working, albeit very, very slowly.
I have never loaded this many photos into layers before (over 100) but I'm surprised at how slow it is. Still going after 8 hours!

I'm keeping everything crossed that it won't crash again. And I hope it's worth it.

Chris

Oldboy

Jediboy

Quote from: Oldboy on January 02, 2021, 09:29:50 PM
How big is the file?

I've got no idea Oldboy. But it's over 100 photos so will be massive.
The guy on the YouTube tutorial made it look so quick and easy.
Can't belive I fell for it.  :doh: :uglystupid2:

Chris

Jediboy

It has been doing the 'Flatten image' process for 14 hours now and it's not even halfway through being done.  :-\ :(

Chris

Jediboy

25 hours into editing my photo my Mac shut down because of a problem. Lost it all. I could cry.

Chris

Hinfrance

Don't blame the Mac, it's probably LR. Be patient, and let us see what you get in the end.

Meanwhile I have had a Herculean struggle installing a new CPU fan in 8 year old PC after the bearings failed in the old one. The CPU came out of it's socket stuck to the old cooling block, and that was just the start . .

Done now and seems to be working. Fingers and everything else crossed!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.