• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 31
  • Total: 31
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Weekly competition 6th May to 12th May: Estate Agent Particulars: CHAT

Started by Delamanda, May 05, 2013, 10:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delamanda

CHAT HERE PLEASE

This week's topic for the competition is...

Estate Agent Particulars - any image (internal or external)  that might appear in a set of particulars for the sale or lease of land, residential or commercial property.  Optional extra - caption it with suitable estate agent euphemism.

We're flat-hunting at the moment and having to learn a new language, such as 'moments from the tube' means the Piccadilly Line runs through the back garden, so I thought it would be fun to have a go ourselves!

Absolutely no restrictions on Post Processing

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 6th May 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 12th May  2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 13th May 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 14th May 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 18th May 2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

Setting the Poll: http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.msg37211;topicseen#new

Reinardina

Love the idea! Used to be an avid reader of estate agents ads. They really know how to hide. or rather, dress up, the truth.
Haven't done much since I took up photography, but it's probably not too difficult to get back into it.

Good luck with the flat hunting!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

I have a BRILLIANT idea on this one - great fun theme and fab idea. Looking forward to it. It's been a while since a theme really grabbed me...watch my entry be pants, lol
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Quote from: DigiDiva on May 07, 2013, 12:40:37 PM
I have a BRILLIANT idea on this one - great fun theme and fab idea. Looking forward to it. It's been a while since a theme really grabbed me...watch my entry be pants, lol

Déjà vu?

Quote from: DigiDiva on April 22, 2013, 12:59:50 PM
An excellent theme, my favourite for a while. Well done. I will try this one for sure.

Looking forward to brilliant pants.

DigiDiva

I could take a photo of my pants......estate agent add would say "Large tent, sleeps 6 comfortably"...........

Reinardina

I'm thinking along the same lines as you Jinky, but your estate is very superior!

jinky

Yes with mine the short walk to town is the most sarcastic comment. Went up to Top Wiuthens from haworth. Reading the signposts I can now confirm that a country mile is at least 2.5 ordinary miles! My hips were so bad I could barely walk later  :'(. As for being the building featured in Bronte`s book - no chance!

Reinardina

Mine's bang in the centre of town, nice and urban. Still thinking about it and trying things out.

Reinardina

Running out of time, so I think this is going to be my entry:

Quirky Maisonette

oggalily

This is an abandonded asylum on the outskirts of Epsom called Hollywood Lodge. 

Quite an adventure this one.  I had to trespass to get this shot (well I think it was trespassing if jumping over a fence is considered trespassing).  I was then surrounded by several over-friendly horses who must have thought I had food on me, and on the way out a passing police car stopped to find out what I was up to.  Luckily I was on the outside of the fence by this point.

Characterful period home. Recently repainted, new window treatments. Just needs your decorating touches.

Reinardina

oggalily

Quote from: Reinardina on May 11, 2013, 11:44:24 AM
I like the 'hanging garden' on the portico.

Woodland views?  (If the window wasn't bricked up)

I like jinky's "solar heating" - made me chuckle. ;D

DigiDiva

Quote from: Reinardina on May 10, 2013, 08:27:18 PM
Running out of time, so I think this is going to be my entry:

Quirky Maisonette

Reinardina, mines the same idea as yours.....sorry

Light & Airy Penthouse Flat

Reinardina

As we are trying to highlight the estate agent's euphemisms, they're bound to be similar!

The only real difference so far is, that 'my' property is indeed on the market, albeit as a rental property.

I have looked at the agent's website, to see how he describes it, but it I couldn't find it.

Hinfrance

Just a really quick effort from me this week, taken with my 'phone.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.