• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 37
  • Total: 37
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Will you be rushing to get one...?

Started by greypoint, August 26, 2011, 12:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greypoint

anglefire

Almost, imho is not good enough.

But to answer your question. No, not getting one  :legit:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

krennon

Nope and I'm a Sony user

I want an A580 for the ovf and the 7 fps frame rate that and it feels like a proper camera in the hand unlike the A55 which is TINY (or at least it feels that way in my hands and I haven't got particularly big hands)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Paul Montgomery

No because I've got a camera I like already...

Hinfrance

I'll be paying for my K5 for a while yet, so 'fraid not Sony.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

greypoint

Just wondering if the next announcement will be from Nikon saying the new 24mp D400 is on the way - as they use Sony sensors. I can't help thinking this is technology that's got a way to go before it's reached a stage where it makes sense to buy into it. People who use DSLRs tend to use them because they like the way they operate and handle as well as all the other advantages of lenses etc. I'm sure there's bound to come a time when something totally different takes over but all the new cameras released over the past 2 or 3 years seem to have offered a few minor tweaks together with a lot of 'must have' features that many never use. 

spinner

Despite owning a D200, I still grab my 6 mp D50. Still an excellent camera.
Can't see buying a new camera until the others break. Despite being a bit of a technophile none of the new features are compelling.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

ABERS

I bought an NEX3 last Christmas, I didn't know it hasn't got a mirror. I'm going to ask for some money back if that's the case! :uglystupid2:

Great little camera though, just the thing to wander round the streets with. I can't remember using the DSLR at all this year, but I'm worried about this missing mirror business! :legit:

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on September 08, 2011, 06:48:38 PM
I bought an NEX3 last Christmas, I didn't know it hasn't got a mirror. I'm going to ask for some money back if that's the case! :uglystupid2:

Great little camera though, just the thing to wander round the streets with. I can't remember using the DSLR at all this year, but I'm worried about this missing mirror business! :legit:

You could use the ladies toilets, as they always have a mirror in there!  :uglystupid2: :legit:

Quote from: greypoint on September 08, 2011, 06:35:38 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-09-07/canon-clinging-to-mirrors-means-opportunity-for-sony-cameras.html
Hmm. Bloomberg need to do some research. Canon might still be stinging after their Pelix series.

EVF finders might alleviate the poor light levels reported by users of the fixed mirror systems, but they don't give the resolution that normal optical viewfinders offer.

Thinking about it, so what... really? Sony have produced a system that's different to the rest. Good for them. I suspected they'd be the technology innovators, when they bought Kyocera/Minolta out, way back when.

... if only Minolta were still around... if only to see what could've been. :(
Quote from: ABERS on September 08, 2011, 06:48:38 PM

I've got a Leica Standard that has no mirror at all. It still delivers results. ;)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.