• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 89
  • Total: 90
  • Mick
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Sigma 50-500 EX DG Lens

Started by Mick, August 08, 2009, 08:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Sigma 50-500 EX DG Lens.

Had one of these for a couple of years now.  Was great value for money at the time.  Image quality is good even at the 500mm end, although I think it's sharper at 400mm and below.   I find the range 50-500 very versatile, and have this lens on my camera all the time, unless I'm doing macro.

• Good value for money
  • Good image quality
  • Good range
  • Quiet smooth focusing
  • Tripod mount, doubles as handle

Dislikes

• Needs good bright conditions to make use of it
  • Focus is a bit slow for tracking birds in flight etc
  • Zoom ring is quite stiff when new, but gets better with use

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

jimthetrain

Borrowed Daves(skellum) a while back for a cricket match and although the reach came in handy, it couldn't allow enough light in to get a fast sharp image. More suitable for nature pictures I think.  :beer:
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.