• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 107
  • Total: 107
  • Baidu
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

bibble pro 5

Started by spinner, January 27, 2010, 11:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Anyone else played around with bibble? Is it just me, or is the interface less than intuitive and the manual deficient?
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

picsfor

What's a manual?  :D

Does any one what where you find one of those in Adobe software?  :tup:

Hinfrance

Quote from: picsfor on January 28, 2010, 12:52:53 AM
What's a manual?  :D

Does any one what where you find one of those in Adobe software?  :tup:

I don't think so Andrew, and that of course is one of the MAJOR problems with Adobe software. It's completely illogical and has no instructions.

I've been playing with Bibble Pro 5 and although it is much faster than LR it is not as developed as it should be. The interface is I think brilliant - the tabbed editing is something LR should have had long ago. And layers are a neat trick for a RAW editor.

LR has many more input/output tools, which is where its workflow strengths lie.

BUT Bibble 5 does not yet support many of the features that made Bibble 4 such a good RAW editor. Even the 'killer' plugin 'Perfectly Clear' is not implemented.

Maybe 5.1, if it recovers the functions of 4.10, will be worth a longer look.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

I downloaded the trial a couple of weeks ago and I quite liked it - though I am so used to ACR now that it is hard to be objective when new software comes along.

The help files from memory were pretty good - better than Adobes for sure!

I thought the layers idea really good - the fact that you can do ANY adjustment on a layer is brilliant and not just the limited ones with the adjustment brush in ACR.

But for me, its not worth the asking price at the moment!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

I agree with Mark - it's not there yet. I think I will invest in the 'Lite' version when it is available, but the price for the 'Pro' version is too high for where it is at the moment.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Well, maybe I'm thick. I don't see away to do something, like crop and have a finished product that I can look at without say, the guide lines still being visible, or the part I cropped out going away, unless I actually save the file, at which time I have to reopen it to look at how it turned out. I'm too used to having the the maximize, minimize, close buttons showing. I searched the manual specifically for instructions on how to close a file and couldn't find any.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hybridphotog

I tried a version of Bibble some time ago, and found it both bulky, unstable and had an overall confused layout.

I've since found Ufraw, basically a GUI for Dcraw, which integrates nicely into GIMP.

Hinfrance

Quote from: spinner on January 28, 2010, 11:35:17 PM
Well, maybe I'm thick. I don't see away to do something, like crop and have a finished product that I can look at without say, the guide lines still being visible, or the part I cropped out going away, unless I actually save the file, at which time I have to reopen it to look at how it turned out. I'm too used to having the the maximize, minimize, close buttons showing. I searched the manual specifically for instructions on how to close a file and couldn't find any.

You're right, you can't make the crop grid go away - this is one of the reasons why I think it's not finished yet. You can't close a file in Bibble any more than you can in LR, because the file is never actually 'open', you just move the display on to the next image. The minimise, maximise and fit buttons are on the toolbar beneath the image by default.

Hybrid - Bibble 4 certainly had a weird interface out of the box, but at least it works with Linux. UFRaw is everso good at what it does, but very basic. In fairness, probably all you will need. Personally I still find GIMP is a long way short of a fully function editor - how long has it been since adjustment layers were promised? And it is still 8 bit - last update I did anyway.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.