• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 69
  • Total: 69
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT - AUTHORITY weekly challenge Sun 29th Jan to Sun 05th Feb

Started by Simple, January 28, 2017, 01:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simple

AUTHORITY- Weekly Challenge 29th to 05th February 2017

This is the CHAT thread

This week's theme is Authority
Make a picture that in any way shape or form relates to Authority as you see fit. Anything goes, No subject or PP restrictions. As usual above all, have fun.

Pictures to be taken preferably between now and Sunday 05th February 2017, 23:59, but if you find yourself at a loss in this time period, please enter something from your personal archives.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59pm Monday 06th February 2017.
Poll will be up Tuesday 07th February 2017.
Winner to be announced Saturday 11th February 2017

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Oldboy

Simple

Not sure about that one Oldboy. 40 shades of grey was rather popular.

Reinardina

Quote from: Simple on January 28, 2017, 07:13:57 PM

You must have missed out on ten of them! I thought there were 50.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on January 29, 2017, 09:03:53 AM
Quote from: Simple on January 28, 2017, 07:13:57 PM

You must have missed out on ten of them! I thought there were 50.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Simple

Haha, you are so right. Should not drink that early in the day. Black, white and 254 greys in 8 bits is all we needed to know as photographers.

jinky

Not sure i`ll get out for a new one but was looking through some old Haworth 1940s stuff as I looked up dates for this years event and found some unedited ones. So an old reworked one of spivs being challenged at Haworth.

Hinfrance

Because most authority, it seems to me, is there to restrict freedom of individual action. I always half joke that the first signs that you see when you arrive in the UK from overseas are not welcoming they are prohibitive, don't do this, don't do that, penalty for X is Y etcetera. Depressing enough for a returning citizen, awful for visitors.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on February 06, 2017, 08:45:29 AM

Because most authority, it seems to me, is there to restrict freedom of individual action. I always half joke that the first signs that you see when you arrive in the UK from overseas are not welcoming they are prohibitive, don't do this, don't do that, penalty for X is Y etcetera. Depressing enough for a returning citizen, awful for visitors.

Isn`t every country the same? I don`t think it`s exclusively a UK  thing. I`ve got a shot of the entrance to the empty beach in Abu Dhabi that lists more than 20 do nots including do not take photographs. Little wonder the beach was empty at the height of the day.

Hinfrance

I'm not as well travelled as you Paul, and I am sure there are worse places, but the UK always strikes me as particularly unwelcoming - surveillance everywhere and everything seems to be a criminal offence these days.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Of Past Authority

My Grandfather's 'swagger stick' (while serving as Chief of Police in Malaya) which he kept through his own internment in Changi POW Camp until 1945.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

Dartmouth Park War Memorial was the setting for an event to mark the commemoration of the stone laid in honour of Captain Robert Edwin Phillips, who was awarded the Victoria Cross for his bravery, under fire, in going with a comrade to the assistance of his commanding officer, Lieutenant Colonel Henderson, and bringing him back behind the lines. The commemoration took place on 25 January 2017, one hundred years from the date of the actual event during WW1.

The High Sheriff of the West Midlands represented the Queen and the Mayor of Sandwell for the local authority attended.

Simple

Sorry, still have a bit of flu, lasted for over a week now. hard to shake this one. Had to use one from archives, because the camera has not been out.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.