• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 40
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 18
  • Total: 18
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Quote from the Bradford sage today.

''Drawing is 50,000 years old. You don't give it up just because a photograph comes along."

David Hockney

How true.

Hinfrance

Supermarket special offer today on shower gel: double 250ml pack for only €4.21.

The only slight problem is that one 250ml bottle is €1.56.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 04, 2014, 05:08:58 PM
Supermarket special offer today on shower gel: double 250ml pack for only €4.21.

The only slight problem is that one 250ml bottle is €1.56.

We get that all the time here.  :uglystupid2:

ABERS

Getting an email telling me that a member is following me. Thinking it is someone of a discerning nature  8) I decided to look look at his photostream and then discover that that I have joined a total of 9,281 other people he is following  :o

Quite a discerning chap!

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on December 08, 2014, 11:41:56 AM
Getting an email telling me that a member is following me. Thinking it is someone of a discerning nature  8) I decided to look look at his photostream and then discover that that I have joined a total of 9,281 other people he is following  :o

Quite a discerning chap!

And I bet he has 43,786 (or more) 'faves.'

I don't know the maximum number of followers one can have, but I once got an extensive mail from a Portuguese photographer, who was bowled over by my photos and desperate to follow me. Sadly he had reached the maximum number of unilateral contacts the site allowed. But, if I made him a contact of mine, he could add me to his list.
I think he had in the tens of thousands contacts. I politely turned him down.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

WBMT: being interviewed by the local news about Christmas things like spending, shopping, shops and the city's Christmas decorations (non existent). Apart from the fact I hadn't overspent this Christmas (as if I would tell them if I had!), I could only be negative about the rest, so I'll probably end up on the cutting floor.

Graham

Whenever, and I mean EVER I look at my watch to check the date It is ALWAYS quarter past something and the little box with the date in is covered by the minute hand!  >:(
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

Quote from: Graham on December 09, 2014, 07:23:07 AM
Whenever, and I mean EVER I look at my watch to check the date It is ALWAYS quarter past something and the little box with the date in is covered by the minute hand!  >:(

We've got Sod's and Murphy's Law, maybe this is Graham's Law?

spikeyjen

Quote from: Reinardina on December 09, 2014, 08:18:47 AM
Quote from: Graham on December 09, 2014, 07:23:07 AM

We've got Sod's and Murphy's Law, maybe this is Graham's Law?

maybe you are just becoming a little paranoid... that minute hand is out to get you!

Hinfrance

Don't worry Graham, it's just the horological equivalent of cupboard suck: the phenomenon whereby any small dropped object is immediately sucked as far as it is possible to get underneath the nearest immovable object.

There is also a phenomenon known as Corvette suck which states that wherever in a car park you leave a Corvette, and for no matter how short a period, when you return there will be a battered white van parked so close to the driver's door that you have to think really really thin to get back in.

And you should never dropped buttered toast, because we all know what happens then. It's OK to drop cats though.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 09, 2014, 09:35:45 AM
Don't worry Graham, it's just the horological equivalent of cupboard suck: the phenomenon whereby any small dropped object is immediately sucked as far as it is possible to get underneath the nearest immovable object.

There is also a phenomenon known as Corvette suck which states that wherever in a car park you leave a Corvette, and for no matter how short a period, when you return there will be a battered white van parked so close to the driver's door that you have to think really really thin to get back in.

And you should never dropped buttered toast, because we all know what happens then. It's OK to drop cats though.

If you were to tape some buttered toast to a cats back, then drop it from a suitable height, would you get a perpetually spinning cat?
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

Only if you make sure that the toast (with butter) has the same mass as the cat and you drop them from an infinite height.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

The good news!  ;D

From 12th March Hasselblad are giving away a FREE copy of Adobe Lightroom 4 with every H4D medium format camera purchase.

The bad news!  :'(

The camera costs £34,794!  :o :uglystupid2:

spikeyjen

Reinardina

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.