• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 82
  • Total: 82
photobox
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

POLL - HAPPY. 3-8 June 2014

Started by Jediboy, June 10, 2014, 09:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please vote for your favourite photo

1 (5.3%)

0 (0%)

8 (42.1%)

5 (26.3%)

4 (21.1%)

1 (5.3%)

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: June 14, 2014, 09:54:21 AM

Jediboy

Please vote for your favourite photo;

Happy Things

Happiness Is A Day In The Sun

Happy Hearts

Happiness Is A Simple Slide

Happy Faces

Happy Play

Sunshine Plus Damselfly

May the Force be with you.

Chris

DigiDiva

Something came to my attention today that could result in someone 'cheating' if they had the mind to (not that I think anyone of us would, to be fair), but its there and may be possibly abused. I went on to the poll thread to vote today, from a PC I have never used before (Im in a different office today) and stupidly automatically presumed I was logged in. I was allowed to vote however and I didn't realise I wasn't logged until after my vote. When I logged on to my normal PC at home, where Im always auto logged in, it was going to allow me to vote again (I didn't), as it took me to the vote page and not the vote count page as is the normal once one has voted. Could this mean that you could vote several times, for your own image, by not logging in or using different PC's?

Just a thought to put the cat amongst the pigeons........
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

DigiDiva

Furthermore, as I haven't voted as DigiDiva, I can't view how the voting is going, it keeps me on the vote page. Can a moderator change that for me please?

Reinardina

When you set the poll, you can tick the box that allows visitors to vote. I think this (accidentally) happened.

You can see the results on the front page.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

Hinfrance

Just sign in and vote for someone who hasn't got a prayer of winning (like mine, for example, ahem) and then you'll be back with the programme :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

I agree with Howard. It's wholly for fun and while I tend to photograph to win I do not necessarily actually want to win; so vote again, I am sure no one will complain  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Jediboy

Do we not normally allow non-members to vote?
I thought it would help to generate more participation and interest. Can I change it back so only members can vote ?

Chris

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Jediboy on June 11, 2014, 10:12:31 AM
Do we not normally allow non-members to vote?
I thought it would help to generate more participation and interest. Can I change it back so only members can vote ?

From time to time it has been set for non-members to be able to vote; totally up to the person setting the poll. Yes you can change it back to just members if you click on the edit poll box which takes you to the option buttons; click & save.

Jediboy

It's highly likely that I'm being a bit stupid here.

I have tried to change the voting back to members only but can't find that option. I can only find the one to show the results?
Sorry. Am I missing something, or just being stupid?  :uglystupid2:

Chris

Beaux Reflets

In the Poll Option box you will see  - Allow guests to vote - you just need to remove the tick from the box by clicking on it.  :tup:

Jediboy

Thanks Andy.
I've had another looks and I dont have that option?

Chris

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Jediboy on June 12, 2014, 04:00:18 PM
Thanks Andy.
I've had another looks and I dont have that option?

I do not know why, unless it is only now open to moderator' access, after the initial Poll posting has been made.

I will go tick the box and change the option for you  :tup:

Jediboy

Thanks Andy. Appreciate that. I would have tried earlier but it's been one if those weeks.

Chris

Beaux Reflets

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.