• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 55
  • Total: 55
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Hello

Started by ShawWellPete, May 20, 2012, 10:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShawWellPete

Hi guys,

I have heard cc mentioned a few times over the years since the demise of the dcmag forum where I was a member under the name blandfordp.

I finally got around to joining.

I'm a keen amateur mostly into portraits of friends and family but also enjoy landscape and urban stuff when I can get around to it.

Any tips for getting the best out of this place?

Pete

Reinardina

Quote from: ShawWellPete on May 20, 2012, 10:38:26 AM
Hi guys,

I have heard cc mentioned a few times over the years since the demise of the dcmag forum where I was a member under the name blandfordp.

I finally got around to joining.

I'm a keen amateur mostly into portraits of friends and family but also enjoy landscape and urban stuff when I can get around to it.

Any tips for getting the best out of this place?

Pete

Welcome. If you're an old DCM member, you'll probably find some familiar names here.

Best way to get the best out of this place is to pop in regularly, join in with the different conversations and maybe enter the weekly competition. The new one for next week, should be right up your street, as we want a 'true grit' portrait of an old face.

Reinardina.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Mick

Hi Peter, and welcome to CC.  :tup: I wondered where you had gone, haven't seen you about for a while. 

As R said, you should recognise a few old faces from DCM.  Please take a good look around, and join in on the forums etc, you'll soon get the hang of it.  Any questions, just shout.

Rgrds

Mick aka lurkalot ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Graham

Hi Pete.
                I remember you from the "Old Place". I went under the name of "Boots".
                Good to see you here.
                How to get the best out of this place?...Dunno really...err...Ignore everything I say?

Graham.  :tup:

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

mondmagu

Hi Pete welcome. :tup:

Des
Des
www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu

ShawWellPete

Thanks guys, good to see the familiar faces.

Mick, isn't it time you changed the avatar?

;)

Mick

Quote from: ShawWellPete on May 20, 2012, 02:29:25 PM
Thanks guys, good to see the familiar faces.

Mick, isn't it time you changed the avatar?

;)

:D  Pete, you obviously remember my avatar from the DCM days.  You've got a point, it's a few years old now.  I will look into changing it.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

jinky

Hi Peter and welcome. Remember you from the old place - nice to see you around ;)

Oldboy

Hi Pete and welcome.  :tup:

You might remember me form DCM as err....Oldboy.  :doh:

ABERS

There's been so many new people joining CC that I can't remember if I've said Hello, if I haven't,  Hello!

ShawWellPete

Quote from: jinky on May 20, 2012, 04:16:11 PM
Hi Peter and welcome. Remember you from the old place - nice to see you around ;)

Thanks mate!
Quote from: Oldboy on May 20, 2012, 04:38:56 PM
Hi Pete and welcome.  :tup:

You might remember me form DCM as err....Oldboy.  :doh:

I do remember you oldboy!

Quote from: ABERS on May 20, 2012, 06:06:31 PM
There's been so many new people joining CC that I can't remember if I've said Hello, if I haven't,  Hello!

Thanks Alan!

michaelb104

Hello and welcome, hope you enjoy CC  :)
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.