• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 90
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 49
  • Total: 49
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

New Monitor

Started by anglefire, March 01, 2016, 10:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglefire

Bought a new monitor at the end of last week.

I was running a Samsung 22" LCD as my main screen and a Sharp 19" as the second one.

I now have a 27" Dell U2715H LCD running @ 2560x1440 and have relegated to Samsung to 2nd fiddle.

I really didn't want to get a Dell - as I've always felt they are built to a price rather than anything else, however, reading several reviews convinced me that this would be a good buy - and indeed it is - the colours are spot on - and bright (I've had to turn the brightness down to avoid the sunglasses!)

It wasn't cheap by any stretch - but covers 99% of the sRGB gamut and is calibrated at the factory - you can get monitors to cover aRGB - but they are really silly money!

You can also get 4k monitors - but having had the 2k Dell for a few days and having had to upgrade the video card to enable the full resolution to be realised, 4K would be stupid - you would have to alter the scale to be able to see anything, unless running a humungous monitor! :2funny:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

I've got two Samsung monitors and can't fault them.  :tup:

hssutton

My wife bought me a new monitor as a late birthday and early Christmas present, this was the Asus 27" Frameless LED display with native 2560 x 1440 WQHD resolution, and AH-IPS. I initially though there was a major problem of grit on the screen. My desktop wallpaper is a photo I took last year of the Vulcan bomber. I spent several minutes considering my options when the wallpaper image changed and all the 'grit' had disappeared. It transpired that the 'grit' was emanating from the exhaust. Not really evident as grit it the low res Image here, or the high res image on my old 24" monitor.

This is the photo in question

Harry

anglefire

Do like the Vulcan :)

You've made me think about my current wallpaper - I think I'd better up the resolution as it is probably no where near WQHD ;)
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

hssutton

Quote from: anglefire on March 03, 2016, 09:19:01 PM
Do like the Vulcan :)

You've made me think about my current wallpaper - I think I'd better up the resolution as it is probably no where near WQHD ;)

I've read that the Asus and the Dell use the same panel. https://pcmonitors.info/asus/asus-mx27aq-elegant-wqhd-ah-ips-model/

anglefire

Comparing the specs of the two on Scan.co.uk and they are similar, but not the same - doesn't mean they aren't the same panel though! Similar pricing too - the Asus has speakers - which I wouldn't use - the Dell has 3 USB3 ports and the stand is more flexible - up/down/tilt and rotate.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

My rather antique HP monitor is 97% sRGB. But I would really like a new bigger one. Still haven't won the lottery though, and yesterday Mrs H found a huge nail in one of the tyres on the car. So that's taken care of this month's discretionary spend  :'(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.