• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 82
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 98
  • Total: 98
bhphotovideo
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

Windows 10

Started by Reinardina, July 24, 2015, 07:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

I just discovered I cannot use the Italics, bold or underline function on CC either. Together with the spell check function.

Maybe I should put this in the feedback thread? If I can find it.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

hssutton

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 13, 2015, 11:48:11 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on August 13, 2015, 09:10:09 AM
On CC the 'spell check' button does not work anymore.

And when I download photos from my memory card into Elements 11, I always used to wipe them from the card, but now it tells me, they can't be wiped as they are protected. They are not and I format the card in the camera now.

Can these things be linked with Windows 10?

My card reader started doing this randomly some months ago. Sometimes it is really really slow reading cards too. But the USB port works OK. Sometimes it works. Who knows? I tried to buy a new one, but the connecting leads were all too short to reach my motherboard.

Wednesday evening W10 large download. Unfortunately the download was taking place whilst I was preparing tea, got back to the PC to see it restarting and again downloading updates. This happened several times. Now I have virually no idea what the download was all about, but maybe it was due to my being on the 'Fast Ring' as an 'Insider'. After a lot of searching I find part of the update was "Cumulative Update for W10 for 64bit Systems CKB3081436" and suprise, suprise my card reader problem is no more.
My W10 is now running super fast and without any problems. Fingers crossed.

Harry

kerbside

Bit the bullet and am now running 10 at work (MAC at home) so i will let you know what i think of it but what i have seen so far, no problems.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on August 13, 2015, 03:29:31 PM
I just discovered I cannot use the Italics, bold or underline function on CC either. Together with the spell check function.

Not a problem for me. It all works OK.  Can't reproduce the problem!   8)

Oldboy

Quote from: hssutton on August 13, 2015, 04:06:35 PM

Harry

:tup:

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on August 13, 2015, 11:17:56 PM

Still not working for me! Tried it.

Even tried to write it in Word, then copy and paste, but even that does not work.

SimonW

My good news is that I've managed to escape from my badly broken Windows 10. Clicking Start>Power> then holding Shift while clicking Restart gave me an option to go back to Windows 7, and with a couple of quite minor hiccups along the way, after about 15 minutes my Windows 7 was back exactly as it used to be.

It seems most people have no bother at all upgrading to 10. I think I was just unlucky, but there is a slight possibility the problem was caused by having Kaspersky 2015 installed. I would recommend anyone else upgrading from Windows 7 with Kaspersky to completely uninstall it first, and then install Kaspersky 2016 (which isn't yet for sale but is available from their support pages) after upgrading.

So maybe I'll try again in a couple of weeks time.

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on August 14, 2015, 08:50:32 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on August 13, 2015, 11:17:56 PM

Still not working for me! Tried it.

Even tried to write it in Word, then copy and paste, but even that does not work.

Are you using Edge to access the internet? I've just tried it with Edge and it won't allow you to use the options including bold. Try using another program like Opera or Firefox to access the internet.  ???

Reinardina

Using Google Chrome now and hey Presto everything seems normal
It must be the Edge then!.
Hope Microsoft will sort it out soon.

PS Spell checking works as well!

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on August 14, 2015, 12:04:28 PM
Using Google Chrome now and hey Presto everything seems normal
It must be the Edge then!.
Hope Microsoft will sort it out soon.

PS Spell checking works as well!

:tup:

lurkalot

Yep, I think you'll find that none of the BBCode buttons work when using Edge, including the smilies.  This a known problem, but hopefully there will be a workaround soon..

Oldboy

Quote from: lurkalot on August 14, 2015, 08:44:37 PM

Yep, I think you'll find that none of the BBCode buttons work when using Edge, including the smilies.  This a known problem, but hopefully there will be a workaround soon..

I won't be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for Microsoft to fix!  :2funny:

Alfonso_Frisk

Just installed my Win 10 upgrade from 8.1.
Been delayed releasing it to my machine due to conflicts with "intel" chip drivers.

A little underwhelmed at the moment.
Machine is a lot slower at start ups and shut downs and I am not impressed with the "new" format

Will give it a few days before deciding whether or not to revert back to 8.1
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

hssutton

Quote from: hssutton on August 13, 2015, 04:06:35 PM

Harry

Now running update 10532 with virtually no problems. I still prefere Firefox so I've only had a quick look at edge. So I'm left with one annoying little problem involving Lightroom, it takes two mouse clicks to open it, as I have to use 'Run as Admin' even though I've granted any user 'Permissions'. Annoying, but not a major problem.

Harry

spinner

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on August 31, 2015, 09:48:36 AM
Just installed my Win 10 upgrade from 8.1.
Been delayed releasing it to my machine due to conflicts with "intel" chip drivers.

A little underwhelmed at the moment.
Machine is a lot slower at start ups and shut downs and I am not impressed with the "new" format

Will give it a few days before deciding whether or not to revert back to 8.1

Oh, I upgraded from Win 7, saw a marked improvement. I thought this new format was already running with Win 8.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.