• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 168
  • Total: 168
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Weekend Landscapes

Started by skellum, July 10, 2011, 02:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

About to leave the shop and go home. Can't see me getting away anywhere this weekend unless there is a major improvement in the weather... >:( :(  but thanks for all the comments on the Wales trip  :tup:

Jonathan

Quote from: irv_b on July 15, 2011, 09:13:23 PM
Aint you going all over  South America somewhere with a rather large over stuffed camera bag on your back Jonathan??

Little bit ;)

But it won't be over stuffed.

3 cameras, tripod, filters, batteries, memory + clothes, wet and cold weather gear and spare shoes for 4 days' walking + sleeping bag + pack + 2 litres of water are all coming in at 12.5 kilos.  Which ain't too bad with a proper harness.  By comparison, my hand luggage for the flight out appears to be about 15 kilos.
It's Guest's round

skellum

Well I managed to get away again overnight ( Sunday ) to the Lake District staying this time at Glenridding on a Campsite used mainly by people who have the intention of climbing Helvelyn. ( That should be a walk in the Park for Jonathan now  ;D ). I chose the easier option and headed for the shore of Ullswater at dawn and then off to Aira Force Waterfall. Getting up early on Monday morning in the Lake District really pays of as I didn't see another sole until around 9.00am by which time I had decided to move on to Brothers Water which is on the way back via Kirkstone Pass. Unfortunately the clouds gathered there to ruin any hope of a decent sky for a picture so I made do and moved on to a vantage point near Ambleside with a great view over Lake Windermere.

I also managed a few shots on film this time so I will have to wait for the negs to come back to see if I had any success.  A Few Digital pictures below.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.