• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 64
  • Total: 64
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Photo of the day or edit of the day

Started by oRGie, March 24, 2009, 10:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oRGie

Quote from: Oly Paul on December 02, 2009, 02:22:30 PM
Nice set of pics Orgie, I particualy like the tractor one, though if it were mine I'd have wanted to make the tractor pop more against that dark background using flash or post processing but thats just me  :)

Thanks Paul..   The tractor shot was a sort of manual hdr, 2 differently processed raw's layered, foreground was de-saturated and for the sky I dropped the exposure to get the detail in the clouds back, but I didnt want to make a full blown hdr, maybe I should have :)  but had a play and I think it does look nicer with more colour in the tractor, I was still holding back as the sky was kind of my original focus over the scene, if that makes sense lol.. but glad for the feedback as i think its improved quite a lot really  :legit:

picsfor

Quote from: oRGie on December 01, 2009, 10:17:11 PM
Please feel free to join in posting in here, feeling a bit johnny no mates in this thread  :2funny:  :legit:

But then you are the boy with a new toy!

Oly Paul

No Parking!

Regards Paul
One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am.

http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography

oRGie

Great colours Paul and nice angle and composition  :beer:

Was that at a show ?

oRGie

Am quite pleased with this shot, by-product of the 3d comp

Wee-jake, you asked how it was done, its an led lightball from mathmos, camera on self timer, used another tripod to focus manually, them postioned myself for the shot. Dialled in a low exposure in a blacked out room.

wee jake

Thanks oRGie will need to try that looks fantastic thanks for the reply  :)

Ian

oRGie

The local beach is having a bit of an enviromental disaster, the local council put a pipeline into the lagoon about 18 months ago, at first all seemed well, but over the last year the opening from the sea to the lagoon has started shifting, over this winter it has eroded a very large part of what was a great beach and an important part of the local community's tourist income. Now, a little late, the council are trying to put things right, it seems an impossible task to me, must be millions of tonnes of sand has been displaced by the ocean and they have 2 dumper trucks and a digger working in the futile attempt...  :'(

Oldboy

Quote from: oRGie on February 20, 2010, 11:31:14 PM
The local beach is having a bit of an enviromental disaster, the local council put a pipeline into the lagoon about 18 months ago, at first all seemed well, but over the last year the opening from the sea to the lagoon has started shifting, over this winter it has eroded a very large part of what was a great beach and an important part of the local community's tourist income. Now, a little late, the council are trying to put things right, it seems an impossible task to me, must be millions of tonnes of sand has been displaced by the ocean and they have 2 dumper trucks and a digger working in the futile attempt...  :'(

Now if it had been snow, we could have helped!  :tup:

Cracking picture by the way.   ;D

Hybridphotog

One from my recent jaunt back 'oop north', to the East Lancs Railway...

Hybridphotog

... and another. This time, Boltons branch of Woolworths, showing signs of neglect.

And, er... a bit of post-processing. ;)

Hybridphotog

Two more. This time, taken with my Leica IIIc and an Elmar copy Russian Industar-22 (an uncommon Komz one) 50mm. Film... Fujifilm Superia 200. Exposure... guesswork. :)

Graham

Hi Dave.
                I'm not usually taken with steam train shots bit there's somthing about this one I like. I think I would like it more if I could see more of the platform and less of the warehouse type building (Just my opinion.). I kind of expect to see Jenny Agutter, Sally Thompsett and the boy whose name no one knows there.
                Theres a kind of "I'm gone but I'm not dead yet" defiance about the Woolworths pic.
                                 Graham.

PS   When did you get the Holga plug in for your i-pad? ;D
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hybridphotog

Quote from: Graham on April 07, 2010, 05:22:09 PM
    Hi Dave.
                I'm not usually taken with steam train shots bit there's somthing about this one I like. I think I would like it more if I could see more of the platform and less of the warehouse type building (Just my opinion.). I kind of expect to see Jenny Agutter, Sally Thompsett and the boy whose name no one knows there.
I guess the old 'BD' is still haunting me...

hevans

Quote from: Hybridphotog on April 15, 2010, 12:41:53 AM
Quote from: Graham on April 07, 2010, 05:22:09 PM
    Hi Dave.
I guess the old 'BD' is still haunting me...

Good! I was beginning to miss the B&W steam photos!

H.

Hybridphotog

Quote from: hevans on April 15, 2010, 08:56:08 AM
Good! I was beginning to miss the B&W steam photos!

H.
I've noticed there's some railway museum in near Sudbury. It's not as near as I was to the East Lancs railway, but it's a damn sight cheaper to get to, now I'm based in Clacton. :)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.