• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 80
  • Total: 80
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Roker Pier, Sunderland

Started by DigiDiva, July 23, 2016, 03:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiDiva

I also want to say that the thing I most thought you guys would pick up but didn't.......which again I am VERY pleased about, is that the moon is fake. It wasn't there..........it's taken from an image I took in Mallorca on April. I had to give the moon a reflection using cloning and dodge/burn.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

StephenBatey

Certainly.

And if the moon is a fake - would you care to try placing it on the diagonal line from the corner top right to the top of the lighthouse?
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: DigiDiva on July 24, 2016, 02:34:51 PM
I also want to say that the thing I most thought you guys would pick up but didn't.......which again I am VERY pleased about, is that the moon is fake. It wasn't there..........it's taken from an image I took in Mallorca on April. I had to give the moon a reflection using cloning and dodge/burn.

To be honest, with your first upload I thought the surreal colour combination and patterns of light looked a little contrived and at first glance it did not occur to me to view the image with any closer look at all the finer detailing; Assuming that you were just seeking a general critique upon composition and layout having created a Surreal image (which is why I suggested cloning in something to balance the picture if you were not cropping it).

I would be the last one to tell an artist how they should have painted a particular picture, unless they specifically asked upon specific aspects in detailing.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

The colours are real, maybe a bit saturated.

I noticed last Monday, that te moon was quite high, in a very beautifully coloured evening sky. The colours are not that unusual, but this was the Southern sky, rather that the Wstern one.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

I remember going out one morning, a few years ago, to take pictures of the sunrise when the whole sky changed to a bright pink. I couldn't believe it. Normally, any colour change fades as the distance from the light source increases but, in this case it didn't.  :o

DigiDiva

Glad my image had created something to talk about. Thats what it's all about. The colours were tweaked by adding a filter and adjusting hue/saturation but not a great deal. It was the filter that gave the surreal effect I was after. I cloned out the rock in the foreground and added the moon. Here they are, side by side, original (left) post processing (right).

DigiDiva

Reinardina, heres one similar to yours, that I took in my very early camera days. The colours are stunning

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.