• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 255
  • Total: 255
  • Google
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Poll for weekly comp -Minimalism

Started by guy1970, August 24, 2009, 09:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your Favourite (voting now open - closes midnight 28th August)

Colin - Minimalist Shadow

0 (0%)
jimthetrain - Lock

2 (7.7%)
damondph -Minimal Landscape

6 (23.1%)
Mark Ellis - Square Space

0 (0%)
veggisosage - Needles

4 (15.4%)
greypoint - Hovering

0 (0%)
Tringle WP - Chair:

4 (15.4%)
skellum (Dave) - Minimal Light/Heat

4 (15.4%)
Guy1970 - Wood Grain

2 (7.7%)
Oldboy - Snail

0 (0%)
irv_b - Boy oh bouy

0 (0%)
wattsy - Pebbles

4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: August 29, 2009, 10:24:41 PM

guy1970

POLL will open at 9am Tuesday 24th August. This is toallow for any late entries.
Guy

guy1970

Voting now open. Voting closes on the 28th not 29th (sorry put wrong length in)  :doh: :doh:

Good Luck all, some great entries this week.  :beer:
Guy

Oldboy

Just given my vote to Tringle WP, as I like the composition and position of the light.  ;D

skellum

Quote from: Oldboy on August 26, 2009, 11:44:07 PM
Just given my vote to Tringle WP, as I like the composition and position of the light.  ;D

I agree with Old Boys comments, the picture also tells me an unknown story. I can see someone being interogated there during a war or some other forgotten conflict.
Having said all that I can also see why damondph / minimal landscape has attracted more votes its a great shot but for me it has to be Tringles that gets my vote..... :legit:

Hinfrance

Thanks for the votes and comments gentlemen. I was toying with a few other ideas, including one not too dissimilar to wattsy's, which got my vote this week.

There are some very interesting interpretations of the theme here, so it was hard to chose.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

was close between tringles and damondph for me but my vote went to the minimalist landscape. Lovely pic and just never entered my head that a landscape would fit the theme so well - nice one. Love thelighting in Tringles and the simple clean images of wattsy and the lock image. Some great shots

JCoePhotography

I've voted!! Not easy though as all so different, but I love wattsy's, so that got my vote - good luck to you all!!  :)

Trickee

quality of pic's are so good, but the lighting in tringle wp chair cuts it for my vote :)

Damon

Skellum ( Dave ) got my vote. Love the simplicity of a single white candle & flame. Not to take anything away from the others, all very good & thought provoking.
Damon.

Oldboy

Stone Me!!!!!
24 votes in total and it's not Friday!  :tup:  :2funny:

guy1970

My vote went to veggiesosage - needles - minimal and very simple.
Difficult choice though. Seems we .have a clear leader at the moment, but a four way tie for 2nd. Still anyones game with 24 hours to go.

Great turn and and fantastic to get so many people voting. Hopefully some of the voters will give this week a go, with the theme being 'Edible'
Guy

guy1970

Voting now closed

Great turn out and number of voters.

Congratulations damondph - great landscape image. My second choice.

Lets see if we can keep the numbers up
Guy

Damon

Thanks to all who took the time to vote & well done to all who took part. Some great pictures
I never for one moment thought i`d win( Some of my best pictures are by mistake), so i`ve now got a bit of a sweat on as i believe i have to choose a subject & do all this setting up of the threads etc, & to be honest, i haven`t got a clue. So could some one kindly help me out with what i have to do. Pretty please :D
Damon.

Hinfrance

Congratulations and well done Damonph.

Setting up the challenge threads is easy, just copy the previous ones changing the dates and the topic. Make sure that you start them in the 'International Weekly Comp Entires' section of the forums and Robert is your father's brother.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Damon

Thanks Tringle, think i`ve got it right :-\
Damon.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.