• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 102
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 67
  • Total: 67
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Started by jinky, December 06, 2020, 03:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Just to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a great 2021. It`s funny I`ve been saying to Sue that cards are ridiculous this year. We`ve had no post for 4 days, have a next day delivery of a signed for camera lens that has still not turned up after 6 days and 2 missing parcels. I said we should wish people a Merry Christmas on Facebook with a picture - this one - and say we`re donating to St Gemmas Hospice in Leeds who are in dire straights due to covid. Now we regularly donate to other charities in the year like BHF, Sue Ryder with goods, McMillan through organised events at home (or virtual this year) so this was an additional donation over and above the actual cost of cards and stamps and already made. Yet 2 people are already acting affronted - funnily two of the tightest people we know  :D saying well they give to charity and are still sending cards. Really pissed me off for Christmas now! I`m still sending the odd special card to those I now that are not on facebook / email with me but thought this donation was much better at least for this year.
Anyway let`s hope for a better 2020  :)

Oldboy

It's always the same with some people.  >:(

Just do what you feel is right.  :tup:

StephenBatey

Thanks, and a happy new year to everyone.

Remember - a family is for life, just not at Christmas  :-[
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Hinfrance

And a Merry Christmas to everyone.

It's funny you should mention the UK postal system. We have noticed, even here, that the service has seriously degraded. We had one order from the UK refunded because the tracked package was marked as received, but it wasn't, and then it turned up 4 weeks later. We've sent the stuff back to the supplier at our expense, it seemed the only reasonable thing to do. Mind you Deutsche Post isn't much better at the moment. Luckily La Poste seem to be OK for the time being.

So let's eat, drink, and be merry!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

I stopped sending cards a few years ago, and like you Jinky donated to charity instead. I have had no issues luckily. I also believed that it was in some way better for the environment not to send a physical card.

Anyway, best wishes to you all. Have a wonderful Merry Christmas.

May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

To all at Camera Craniums have a great Christmas and I hope 2021 is better for all.  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.