• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 227
  • Total: 227
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT: "Teeth" Jan 27th - Feb 2nd

Started by Kerry Holt, January 26, 2014, 03:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Don't think I'll get my teeth into it this week. Rushed off my feet.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

My 1st 2 ideas failed, and run out of ideas now
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

kerbside

Kept things simple this week so in with this

Saw Teeth

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Jediboy

Was trying to think of a funny tooth gag, but failed.

Its a zip.

May the Force be with you.

Chris

spikeyjen

This was my idea, didn't turn out quite what I'd planned but it's my entry. Sadly it makes my 14 year old girl look quite vicious

DigiDiva

Sadly, this was taken outside of the timescale, however, I love it.....

DigiDiva

OK. Here's my entry, simply named 'Cogs", though I am married to a cyclist, I just can't remember what this part is called, but i do know it's part of his groupset....I thought the layers of cogs with teeth would look great as a macro, converted to B&W.

Kerry Holt

Ha ha my poor dog isn't impressed with me after wrestling him on the floor for my entry lol

Andrew

Quote from: DigiDiva on February 02, 2014, 05:58:43 PM
OK. Here's my entry, simply named 'Cogs", though I am married to a cyclist, I just can't remember what this part is called, but i do know it's part of his groupset....I thought the layers of cogs with teeth would look great as a macro, converted to B&W.

yes, 'groupset' - that was the term i was after. 'Block' is a term from the generation of Eddie Merckz  :-X
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

DigiDiva

Apparantly the part of the groupset is a cassette....and eddie is a hero of hubbys

oggalily

It's a rear cassette to be more precise :legit:

Here's my entry

Kerry Holt

So this is the first time ive done the poll and i think its right?!!

Hinfrance

Quote from: oggalily on February 03, 2014, 10:02:27 PM
It's a rear cassette to be more precise :legit:

Definition of cassette: 1. small case or cartridge, 2. a lightweight case or cartridge containing an interchangeable medium. It's not a cassette because it is not a container.

You MAMILs are so pretentious, you're getting to be like yachties - it's a secondary gear cluster. If you call it what it is even normal people will know what you mean.  :knuppel2:

When I used to sail my friends and I made a point of avoiding nautical terms. So 'mooring rope' became 'parking string', the 'genoa' became 'the front sheet', the 'mainsail' the 'big sheet', the 'mainsheet' (which is actually a rope) became the 'big string', the 'cockpit' was the 'patio', the 'saloon' the 'lounge', the 'cabins' 'bedrooms', the 'bow' was called the 'pointy end', the 'main hatch' the 'front door'. A much more inclusive and descriptive set of terms  :D Mooring, or parking as we called it, was always hilarious for the reactions of the sailing cognoscenti.

Well, it used to cheer us up in force 8. And in bars when the other 'serious' yachties would look at us like we were from another planet :2funny:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

DigiDiva

Hubby said its not a rear cassette, because theres not a front or middle one, so the rear isn't needed

oggalily

OK, not only is it not a cassette, it's not a rear cassette either.  I stand corrected.  Now can somebody tell google?

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.