• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 76
  • Total: 76
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on April 19, 2021, 10:35:03 AM
I was very annoyed and quite angry yesterday.

My 11 year old son plays for the local village team, and on match days one of the parents usually does the job of linesman. Yesterday it was my turn. I will admit to not being an expert on the rules of football, and much prefer rugby so have more knowledge of the laws there.
Anyway, at one point I waved the flag for offside, but as the player (of the opposing team) wasn't interfering with play, the ref ignored it and allowed the teams to play on.
At that point the opposition team coach shouted at me as to why I was waving the flag for that as his player wasn't interfering with play.

I explained to him that I haven't had any training and was simply doing my best, and it wasn't a problem as the ref had ignored it. I told him that he should get someone else to run the line.

He then shouted at me, 'I'll f'ing knock you out!'

This was right in front of my 11 year old son. I was furious. I ignored this at the time but spoke to the ref after the game who had heard it and said he would include it in his match day report.

My son was not too upset, but kept saying how ridiculous it was. He shouldn't have witnessed this at a kids football match.
Rant over.

If he had said that to me I'd have replied just try it.  >:(

Jediboy

It was very tempting Oldboy. But I was the bigger man and didn't react. Wasn't easy but I managed it.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on April 19, 2021, 09:51:34 PM
It was very tempting Oldboy. But I was the bigger man and didn't react. Wasn't easy but I managed it.

Quite correct.  :tup:

Hinfrance

My physically healthy father in law has been watching the relentless MSM scaremongering over Covid since it started. He has believed every word. He was convinced that everyone around him is trying to infect him. He wouldn't see anyone, hid when delivery drivers brought his orders, wore gloves all of the time, the whole insane package. On Tuesday he completely flipped and was admitted to hospital. He doesn't know who he is, where he lives, where he left his car .  . In short he has had his life destroyed. Angry doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

It is so sad to read stories like this, and I suspect it is not at all uncommon.
My Dad has kept himself to himself during COVID and it hasn't been good for him.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

We got an update this morning from the ward nurse. The good news is that they have got him mostly back to the land of the sentient, but his bloods are all over the place. It looks like he may have had a fall (there is bruising they are unable to establish the cause of) and done himself some internal damage (did he crash the car?), but the scan results are not in yet. Not looking too good in the short term. They are suspecting a mental degenerative disease, which would also help explain why he had become so irrationally agitated about Covid.

Being 700 miles away in another country doesn't help. We don't get our second vaccinations until 29th June so travelling to the UK before then would be a pain.

His partner still hasn't been able to find his car . . she's having one last hunt this afternoon and will then get plod involved if she is unsuccessful.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 04, 2021, 01:13:26 PM
We got an update this morning from the ward nurse. The good news is that they have got him mostly back to the land of the sentient, but his bloods are all over the place. It looks like he may have had a fall (there is bruising they are unable to establish the cause of) and done himself some internal damage (did he crash the car?), but the scan results are not in yet. Not looking too good in the short term. They are suspecting a mental degenerative disease, which would also help explain why he had become so irrationally agitated about Covid.

Being 700 miles away in another country doesn't help. We don't get our second vaccinations until 29th June so travelling to the UK before then would be a pain.

His partner still hasn't been able to find his car . . she's having one last hunt this afternoon and will then get plod involved if she is unsuccessful.

So sad to hear. Those falls can do such damage, especially if lying there a little while undiscovered. Let`s hope he starts to feel better soon. Hard when you are far away.

Hinfrance

Thanks for your concern Chris and Paul.

We have further good news - Cindy has found his car and the hospital have said they will let her have the keys so she can recover it before it get's plastered in parking tickets/clamped. At least he didn't prang it! He'll be in until at least the beginning of next week. I suspect it will be Alzheimer's or dementia. And who knows what else.

If it is something like that they'd better take his driving licence right away, the thought that he could harm someone else with his stupid Range Rover tank is quite worrying.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 04, 2021, 03:46:55 PM
Thanks for your concern Chris and Paul.

We have further good news - Cindy has found his car and the hospital have said they will let her have the keys so she can recover it before it get's plastered in parking tickets/clamped. At least he didn't prang it! He'll be in until at least the beginning of next week. I suspect it will be Alzheimer's or dementia. And who knows what else.

If it is something like that they'd better take his driving licence right away, the thought that he could harm someone else with his stupid Range Rover tank is quite worrying.

Sorry to hear about the difficulties Howard, must be a worry for all.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 04, 2021, 09:29:22 AM
My physically healthy father in law has been watching the relentless MSM scaremongering over Covid since it started. He has believed every word. He was convinced that everyone around him is trying to infect him. He wouldn't see anyone, hid when delivery drivers brought his orders, wore gloves all of the time, the whole insane package. On Tuesday he completely flipped and was admitted to hospital. He doesn't know who he is, where he lives, where he left his car .  . In short he has had his life destroyed. Angry doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this.

Sorry to hear about your problems with your father-in-law. Mental illness can take many forms and if you live alone with little social contacts, problems and worries can increase many folds. Hopefully he will get the care he needs and will be back to his old self very quickly.  :'(

Hinfrance

The plot thickens, or at lest worsens. Long story short: when he went awol he fell down the steps of A&E, which led to him being ambulanced to another hospital. There they did loads of scans to determine how badly he had hurt himself. Turns out this was (potentially) a good thing, because the scans revealed he has what was until then undiagnosed cancer. He is being operated on this afternoon, but is still not entirely with us and doesn't seem to realise how ill he is - to the point where the hospital sought Mrs H's consent, as next of kin, to operate.

Best guess he isn't going to last too much longer either way. And the cantankerous old sod hasn't made a will . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

StephenBatey

Not good - although that is a massive understatement. My sympathy to you and your family. It must be worse not even having the full picture.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 05, 2021, 04:03:17 PM
The plot thickens, or at lest worsens. Long story short: when he went awol he fell down the steps of A&E, which led to him being ambulanced to another hospital. There they did loads of scans to determine how badly he had hurt himself. Turns out this was (potentially) a good thing, because the scans revealed he has what was until then undiagnosed cancer. He is being operated on this afternoon, but is still not entirely with us and doesn't seem to realise how ill he is - to the point where the hospital sought Mrs H's consent, as next of kin, to operate.

Best guess he isn't going to last too much longer either way. And the cantankerous old sod hasn't made a will . . .

Oh dear. Quite a catalogue. I`d pushed my mum to make a will a few years back even though "she had nowt". My sister agreed she`d never made one with her. When she died we found 4 wills , all saying the same with just a year or two between them up to the last one I made with her. ;D

Hinfrance

Well, it is what it is, as we often say hereabouts. We are waiting for a prognosis from his surgeon, probably tomorrow, but it looks likely that Mrs H will be driving or flying to blighty to be nearer the action, even if self isolating. Unfortunately our second jabs are not due until the end of the month and can't be brought forward as we are on on the minimum interval (5 weeks) already.

Re the will, we don't care about inheritance, we're fine financially OK, and brother in law minted - no, it's the sodding legal hassle we are unhappy about, us in France and BiL in USA. We're nearer at least.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

anglefire

I dunno, come back from a week in Devon to a load of drama!

Hope things work out ok in the End Howard.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.