• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 84
  • Total: 84
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Grip extender mk3

Started by oRGie, February 14, 2010, 03:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oRGie

Finally got round to finishing the mk3 grip extension for my 7D..  Quite pleased with the results, makes a fantastic difference for comfort, but without the bulk of a battery grip..

Made the pics black and white due to the amount of noise, I borrowed back a camera i gave to my little bro years ago to take shots fitted this time.

Made the decals on my home printer  :tup:

tell me what you think :)

Colin

Looks good. What's it made from? How is it attached? Can you still attach a tripod? Does it add much weight? Questions questions ;)

oRGie

Thanks Colin :)   its made from wood, just some random board I had, its very light, attaches to the tripod socket, I have to take it off to put the camera on a tripod, but no biggie, I used a spare tripod qr plate embedded and screwed into the wood. Its not a replacment for a battery grip if you want the extra shutter release or want to use 2 batteries, but it gives me the extra finger room and helps distribute the weight into the palm of my hand like a proper grip does, but without the bulk and weight of a proper battery grip :)

I do have another qr plate that has an extra tripod socket, so version 4 may be able to stay on to stick on a tripod, but tbh this is just something for when I am wandering around taking pics, it also doesnt make it look like some huge and expensive pro body so attracts a lot less attention.

:beer:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.