• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 23
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 32
  • Total: 32
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

TRIANGLE - ENTRIES & POLL - Weekly Comp 7-13 Nov 2011

Started by Hinfrance, November 06, 2011, 06:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your favourite Triangle Picture

Out of Nowhere
4 (17.4%)
Architectural Fantasy
8 (34.8%)
Shadow Triangle
4 (17.4%)
Chocolate
1 (4.3%)
Sort of Four Triangles
1 (4.3%)
Triangular Hat
5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: November 19, 2011, 01:20:31 PM

Hinfrance

ENTRIES THREAD

This week's topic is TRIANGLE

One or more triangles, right angle, equilateral, isosceles, scalene, whatever you fancy, as the main feature/focus of your entry.

Please post your entries in this thread.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 7th November 2011 to 23:59 Sunday 13th November 2011 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 14th November 2011.
Poll will be up Tuesday 15th November 2011.
Winner to be announced Saturday 19th November 2011.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Delamanda

irv_b

My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Mick

OK.  Three things I've noticed about changing the way the poll is setup.  :doh:

1:  The poll thread won't get added to the latest posts block, as it's not a new post.
2:  Had to turn off the front page poll block, as it was especially coded to pull images from the actual poll options only.  So might have to code another script to pull them from the topic, if possible.
3: No one will know the poll has started. Unless you announce it.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

I did wonder about the front page poll block in particular. I did announce the start of the poll in the shout box.

I have no problem with going back to the tried and tested way of setting the poll, although I have to admit just adding the poll to the existing thread was much much easier.

I there any way of making the poll/entries thread a sticky? Then you wouldn't really need the front page poll block.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

SimonW

Voted - worked fine for me. Possibly on balance I prefered the old way - radio button right next to the photo, but wouldn't make a big deal either way.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Beaux Reflets

More folk appear to have voted this week than in the previous couple of weeks  :beer: and the easier it is to set up time wise may encourage a larger number entering.  :beer: :beer: :legit:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Mick

Always a job to know what to do about these comps and poll's. 

I have to agree though, the easier you make things, the more people seem to respond.   Best way I guess is to try it. ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Reinardina

I also noticed the high number of votes, compared to the low number of entries, which puzzled me a bit.

I seem to thrive in competitions with low entry numbers; at the moment I'm thrilled and terrified in equal measures!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.