• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 56
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 57
  • Total: 57
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Blurb : any tips?

Started by Sarasocke, February 16, 2011, 01:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarasocke

Hi!

I'm going to be making a couple of books in the near future, amongst others one in aid of our animal rescue charity. I though of using Blurb and wanted to pick the brains of any of you who have already used their services.

Would it be better to download the InDesign templates or to use their own SW? I guess if I do the book in InDesign, I can always get it printed somewhere else if I wanted ....

If anyone has used any other publisher, I'm open to suggestions.

Any tips?
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

ABERS

For someone who doesn't know a template from a temsaucer I found Blub incredibly easy to use. Like most things there is a degree of fiddling to arrive at what you want but can thoroughly recommend it.

P.S. Got a nice cheque from them last week. Some nice people must have bought some books for Xmas! :dance:

Sarasocke

Thanks Alan.

I have a book to do for a friend who may need more copies and I shall give the InDesign version a go I think, and see how I get on.
If all works well, then I shall progress on to something which may even bring some revenue.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

picsfor

As Alan says, incredibly easy to use. I know Eileen has also used them as well, and I'm trying to find the time with all my old Railway shots...

As for quality of book and images, I could show you but the screen wouldn't do Alan's pics justice I can assure you!

All i would say is this, create a book and insert 1 of every template page type and see what they look like once you've populated them.
Then you can see what pages you need to tell your story...

Then think how you want you story to go, what pics you want to use and what words would be used to go with them (if any). Won't save the deletes and re-do's - but it will cut it down a bit  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.