• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 137
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 140
  • Total: 140
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

How to: Properly adjust your diopter

Started by oRGie, November 11, 2009, 12:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oRGie

Just read this somewhere and had not heard of this before and figured others may not know this too :)

To properly adjust the diopter, take off the lens and point the camera either at a dark area or a well lit area or monitor for example, choose whichever suits you best, then with all AF points selected, focus to light up the AF points, adjust the diopter until all the points are clear and sharp to your eye.

:beer:

Hinfrance

TBH I usually adjust them by using the autofocus to latch on to the subject, and then adjusting the diopter so that what I see in the viewfinder is sharp.

With the Pentaxes I have your suggested method does not work - the autofocus points illuminate very briefly, certainly not for long enough to make any manual adjustments.

I guess that's one of the consequences of being a cheapskate  ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

I keep mine at 0 - when i wear my glasses - which is all the time - I have tried without and there is not enough adjustment. I also have contacts - but i can't see as well as with my glasses on.

Biggest downside of glasses though is the rain - but me hat solves most of that! :tup:

But the idea sounds plausable! Certainly with my canon's.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

oRGie

I was just checking mine out now and funny enough, perhaps because the viewfinder on this is so different to any others I've used, I notice that the diopter doesnt go far enough to correct for me without my specs either doh !  but while I was doing it I noticed that the info bar at the bottom is so clear that its perfect for adjusting, mind you with my glasses on its bang in the middle for perfect sharpness.. Well at least I guess that means I dont need new glasses  :2funny:

greypoint

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.