• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 185
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 191
  • Total: 191
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonW

What does work though, is to take the battery out and put it in your nice warm trouser or shirt pocket for a short time, to warm it up. You'll useually get severl more shots while it's warm. (Though I must say I always buy a spare battery, and always carry it fully charged.)
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Reinardina

It hadn't run out completely, I had one bar left, but it did hamper me, as I was waiting for just that shot, that I should not, under any circumstance, miss.
I switched the camera off after every shot and kept checking it was still off. Not very relaxing, and that shot never really materialised.
I have three spare batteries with my bridge camera, but somehow never got round to getting a spare for my present one.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Simple

I do not know if this is correct, but I heard sometime ago that the camera is using more power when you switch it on/off between shots rather than leaving it switched on. The camera goes into sleep mode and that hardly uses any power. Switching it on and off will use  more power when reading the card and switching on the screen(s) every time.

spinner

Quote from: Simple on June 02, 2015, 01:35:51 PM
I do not know if this is correct, but I heard sometime ago that the camera is using more power when you switch it on/off between shots rather than leaving it switched on.

I remember that being the argument for not switching house lights on & off frequently.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Graham

Quote from: spinner on June 02, 2015, 01:48:00 PM
I do not know if this is correct, but I heard sometime ago that the camera is using more power when you switch it on/off between shots rather than leaving it switched on.

I remember that being the argument for not switching house lights on & off frequently.
I think that particularly applied to florescent lighting due to the start up motor/mechanism/whatever.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

donoreo

I do not know if this is correct, but I heard sometime ago that the camera is using more power when you switch it on/off between shots rather than leaving it switched on. The camera goes into sleep mode and that hardly uses any power. Switching it on and off will use  more power when reading the card and switching on the screen(s) every time.
It depends what your camera does when you turn it on and off.  I have mine set to do a sensor clean.  Other cameras do all sorts of things.  So it may be.  In other cases it may save power.

donoreo

Quote from: Graham on June 02, 2015, 02:35:20 PM

I think that particularly applied to florescent lighting due to the start up motor/mechanism/whatever.
This is another "it depends".  I was just looking at a page (closed tab now) that said the power to start a florescent light used about 5 seconds of electricity to charge the ballast. 

spinner

Quote from: donoreo on June 02, 2015, 02:37:51 PM
Quote from: Graham on June 02, 2015, 02:35:20 PM

This is another "it depends".  I was just looking at a page (closed tab now) that said the power to start a florescent light used about 5 seconds of electricity to charge the ballast.

What I remember was, it was from an Ann Landers advice column. Ann Landers was never wrong! :2funny:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Mick

What made me feel good today

Well, I just renewed the hosting and domain for Camera Craniums.  :)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Mick

Quote from: Graham on May 16, 2015, 11:48:02 AM
Quote from: Hinfrance on May 15, 2015, 03:52:24 PM
eBay. I found a bass guitar I have been searching for for ages. Bought it. It's wonderful.

I've made a couple of cigar box guitars and have a hankering to make a "Cigar box" bass.

Really, I didn't know you were into building these things Graham.   8)  You know where to post the pics, http://guitaristguild.com
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

deetus

Quote from: Mick on June 02, 2015, 08:57:22 PM

Thanks a lot Mick  :tup:

Oldboy

:fworks2: :fworks3: :welcome:   :tup: :beer:

Beaux Reflets

:tup: Many thanks Mick  :)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Very pleased about that. Thanks.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

deetus

Yesterday actually.

RETIRED... :beer: :beer: :) :)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.