• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 21
  • Total: 21
  • Bingbot
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Website name suggestions please

Started by Mick, December 12, 2009, 05:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

OK, now (assuming only) I was to build another website, either as a replacement for this one or another to run along side it.  

1: We would need a catchy name for it.  Have you got any suggestions?
2: What features would you like to see?  ( again I'm not a coder so some things might not be possible for me to include, I'd try though)  ;)

Your ideas will be much appreciated.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Alfonso_Frisk

My thoughts-
Why do you need another site?
What is wrong with this one?
What is wrong with the name?
Will all content from here move to new site ?
You run the risk of loosing members whilst in transition period.

Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

top totty

I know I speak a lot of cobblers most of the time but for once I'll try to be sensible :)

Why do you feel you need to have another site Mick? This one is spot on for me (remember I know nothing:) ). It could do with a few more members maybe to reflect a wider interest in different shots that are posted (I only do flowers or still stuff, I know that ticks some off), but it has all the ingrediants of some of the other bigger sites such as PR, which is crap IMO. Flickr....got a few on there but it does my head in.

Wouldn't worry too much Mick it's not broke so it doesn't need fixing :)

Massive plus side for this site is over the last few weeks unable to take any pictures because of ill health I have been able to play in your wonderful Arcade.......Great

Janet

Mick

:-[  Sorry didn't word my last post too well.  This site is going nowhere.  ;)

1: The website name question was just for my own interest.  I remember how hard it was to come up with something when I built this place, and just wondered how easy it would be for you guys to come up with something.  

2: The reason I asked about the features is the software used for this site has newer versions being released shortly.  The new versions of the forum software is in beta stage as is the coppermine gallery software.   When these are released fully the old versions will no longer be supported.  This would be a great time to add features if possible.   This I can assure you won't be happening until it really has to for security reasons.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hybridphotog

spinner

Okay, now the shock has worn off, how about

Determined Camera Mavericks Lite or DCM Lite for short.

;D ;D ;D ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Malcolm1938

photosite.com or .co.uk do not appear to have been used yet, they are not very catchy but Photosite Forum and Photosite Gallery  convey the meaning well.
FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

picsfor

how about www.dontshoot-i'monlyaphotographer.com ?

or

www.grumpyoldtogs.com

top totty

Quote from: picsfor on December 13, 2009, 05:53:42 PM
how about www.dontshoot-i'monlyaphotographer.com ?

or

www.grumpyoldtogs.com

Like that one as well :)  Mick could be like Terry Wogan and be the Tog Meister :)

DavidHammond

throughthelense.net
throughthelense.org
photsforums.co.uk (also .com, .org, .org.uk, etc available)
Photsworld.co.uk (also .com, .org, .org.uk, etc available)
photgraphersportal.co.uk (also .com, .org, .org.uk, etc available)

As for boosting membership, is there a facebook group/flickr/twitter page for the site, or even advertise by banner of somehwere like facebook? Admin have you looked at googles webmaster tools, these are great for getting your site ranked higher on their searches?

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.