• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 51
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 38
  • Total: 38
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Yes Chef! Poll

Started by Hinfrance, December 04, 2012, 08:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please vote for your favourite Yes Chef! cover picture.

Tesco Breakfast

0 (0%)
Garlic Press

0 (0%)
I Love Fruit!

6 (33.3%)
Mince Pies

3 (16.7%)
Commis Chef

0 (0%)
Garlic Special

5 (27.8%)
Hotdog

0 (0%)
Frosted Fruit

4 (22.2%)
Past It's Best

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: December 08, 2012, 08:29:24 AM

Hinfrance

Please vote for your favourite Yes Chef! cover photograph.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Matthew

Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

michaelb104

Congratulations Reinardina, a nice push at the end to get the win  :)  :tup:
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Reinardina

Quote from: michaelb104 on December 08, 2012, 04:16:35 PM
Congratulations Reinardina, a nice push at the end to get the win  :)  :tup:

Thanks Mike. For quite some time, I thought you were going to win again, but someone (thank you Someone) pushed me over the line. I was torn between your entry and Andy's, and Andy's won in the end.

I'll put the new theme up tomorrow.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Yes, well done Reinardina. I thought it might be a winner when first posted.  :tup:

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on December 08, 2012, 07:14:22 PM
Yes, well done Reinardina. I thought it might be a winner when first posted.  :tup:

Thanks OB. It became one (a winner), but it had some stiff competition!

Matthew

Congrats on the win Reinardina!......Was a cracking shot and deserved the first place. Sorry wasn't on here sooner, this is my weekend on call and I was all over the place today..... :legit:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ABERS

Congrats R, a close run thing but I had a feeling your image would win.  :tup:

jinky

Well done Reinardina. Nice colour and shapes. I assume you were using the polar coordinates etc in PS or elements? Let us know.

Hinfrance

Congrats Re. Looking forward to the next one.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: highlandscenics on December 08, 2012, 08:23:41 PM
Congrats on the win Reinardina!......Was a cracking shot and deserved the first place. Sorry wasn't on here sooner, this is my weekend on call and I was all over the place today..... :legit:

Thanks Matthew. Hope they'll leave you alone on Sunday!

Quote from: ABERS on December 08, 2012, 10:37:06 PM

Congrats R, a close run thing but I had a feeling your image would win.  :tup:

Thanks Alan, I know you gave it the 'thumbs up' straight away! It is very much an 'in yer face' shot, or rather a 'creation,' that may not be to everyone's taste, but it did pull through.

Quote from: jinky on December 09, 2012, 07:36:40 AM
Well done Reinardina. Nice colour and shapes. I assume you were using the polar coordinates etc in PS or elements? Let us know.

Thanks Paul. To be honest, when I get going with filters etc, I forget what I have used, as I try them all. Well, a lot of them anyway.
I think I did, indeed, use the polar coordinates (PSE8) on a selection of the shot, but the perfect mirror effect was created using the 'mirror filter' in my very old ACDSee editing software, that I got with my first Pentax Optio x camera, all those years ago. It creates, in one go, the perfect horizontal or vertical mirror image. I have not found this possibility on PSE, so I'm hanging on to the old beast.

I'll put up the new challenge later today.

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 09, 2012, 08:12:06 AM
Congrats Re. Looking forward to the next one.
Thanks H. I'll be back later in the morning (hopefully, might be afternoon) with the new challenge.

Beaux Reflets

Congratulations Reinardina
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Quote from: beauxreflets on December 09, 2012, 08:58:20 AM
Congratulations Reinardina

Thanks Andy!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.