• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 174
  • Total: 174
  • Google
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Angler portrait

Started by Just Dave, June 24, 2010, 11:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Dave

Hi

Went out today and met this fellow, grabbed a few portrait shots of him "Del Boy" Un-Cropped

One of my friends just said it makes him look like a drunk, which he wasnt, "does it" or "not" he? be interested in other peoples thoughts

He was just passionately talking about fishing,

I not a fan of dismembered hands but in this case I think it works, with it being bang on 3rds, and directly sending my eye to his face, with the 90* angle of his thumb and fore finger, but should I have tried a bit less DOF? and get it a bit OOF,

I want to learn more portrait as its something I do little of but, have a passion for.

Any help appreciated

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

picsfor

don't see a problem with it Dave.

I think it's a great portrait showing plenty of character and tells a story in itself. I suppose if you titled the picture something like "The Modest Angler" it would point people in the general direction of the story...

ABERS

Great portait Dave. Hand is not a problem, I think it adds to the picture. (Just think how long that fish was! ;))

Perhaps the background coul be taken down a bit, especially in the top left hand corner.

Just Dave

Thanks Andrew and Abers, yeah maybe should have thought more about the title, Abers it was this big  :tup:...... ;)........ :tup:  :)

Thanks again for your input  :tup:
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Just Dave

LOL OB, thats a tiddler it was miles bigger than that  :2funny:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.