• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 76
  • Total: 76
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

On the MOT front, my car is going in tomorrow. Need to get it done in order to tax my car, and I don't fancy the idea of mad queues for MOTs in 6 months!
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

I've added this from an earlier post of mine on the same subject.

Went into PCWorld/Dixons in Birmingham to buy a new monitor but, the one I wanted they didn't have even thought they had one on display? Ok I said, then I'll have a copy of Microsoft Windows 10 Home Edition. They have dummy boxes on display but we have to go downstairs to get a copy out of the security cupboard. He looks in the cupboard then turns to me and said, "we don't have any"! No wonder the British high street is failing if they are all like this!  >:(

Microsoft.

I've got a PC with Windows 10 but can only run in safe mode. So decided to buy a download of Windows 10 to repair it, and I can also use it on my Vista PC which won't boot at all. I brought the download online from Microsoft's store and paid £120 for it. Using my steam book I tried to download but, it comes up with the message saying it needs 8gb on C: drive but I've only got 6gb free. So I connect with the helpdesk and explain my problem but after explaining my problem fully a number of times in great detail I still can't download it! I then ask them to send me a DVD with Windows 10 but they say I have to go back to the online shop and explain it to them. Go back to the online shop but there is no policy to return it as it's a download. I have an option to contact support but that's the same people who couldn't help before! Customer support doesn't exist now!!!!  >:( >:( >:(

Why don't they have a download manager like Photoshop have? Why will Windows not allow me to use Disk D: which has almost 11gb free? WindowsXP used to allow me to do this no problem!  >:(

I'm going to find my old modem and use my XP laptop tomorrow to and try and download it. If you see a large explosion, don't worry it's just me blowing my top!  >:( >:( :'( 

Hinfrance

Why don't you just increase the size of partition C?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on April 01, 2020, 08:58:09 AM
Why don't you just increase the size of partition C?

I only have one partition on Drive C: which has only 28gb of disk space of which 6gb is free. System ram is 2gb which comes off the same flash card which is on a hidden partition.  8)

Hinfrance

Oh well, you can't then - it was just when you said there was space on D I thought it was the same physical drive.

Good luck fixing the darned things.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Been replacing my fence that was rotten after an expected quote failed to come from contractors. Re-discovering tools I`ve not used for years and being very careful not to be a DIY accident at A&E. I finish for the day and go to put my spirit level away in the garage, trip over an outdoor mat, lose my balance and crash into the bins and a different sturdy fence. I now have a lump and cut on forehead and another lump the size of an egg above my temple. My wife tried to make me go to A&E as I was dizzy ( a separate problem I have which went off) but I think I`m safer packing it in ice and sitting here than going to A&E the way things are going. Bloody hurts though and I`ve still got 2 fence panels to do

Jediboy

Crikey Jinky, I hope you're OK.
I understand that A&E depts are fairy quiet at the moment, on the basis that most people are avoiding them. Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad time to go to get checked out???
Either way, take care and hope you have a speedy recovery.
And good luck with the rest of the fence!

Chris

Hinfrance

You need to watch out for inanimate objects, they've really got it in for us.Hope you feel better soon Paul.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jinky

Thanks. It`s gone right down overnight and headache pretty much gone. Nice Y shaped cut in my forehead and a fired egg rather than an egg in it`s shell on the side of my head now. After the initial worries over the head injury I hadn`t noticed the pain in my wrist and elbow - mall aches now but not too bad and I was still able to do another panel of my garden Corona Virus fence. Just one left to do tomorrow now when the wind dies down
Stay safe everyone

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on April 01, 2020, 07:43:40 PM
Been replacing my fence that was rotten after an expected quote failed to come from contractors. Re-discovering tools I`ve not used for years and being very careful not to be a DIY accident at A&E. I finish for the day and go to put my spirit level away in the garage, trip over an outdoor mat, lose my balance and crash into the bins and a different sturdy fence. I now have a lump and cut on forehead and another lump the size of an egg above my temple. My wife tried to make me go to A&E as I was dizzy ( a separate problem I have which went off) but I think I`m safer packing it in ice and sitting here than going to A&E the way things are going. Bloody hurts though and I`ve still got 2 fence panels to do

Sorry about that Jinky. I hope it bled well, as that flushes out any germs.  :o

At our age we have to be carsful of any trip hazards, as it's too easy to lose your balance.  :tup:

Reinardina

I prefer to sit on the fence.
Hope you made a full recovery Paul.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Quote from: Reinardina on April 10, 2020, 08:15:47 AM

Pretty much recovered but after a phone appointment with doctor they have advised I am suffering from effects of concussion as I am still getting daily headaches. The lump has one down massively but still the biggest egg I`ve ever had from a bang to the head. Lucky I didn`t do more damage as it was just above my temple. teach me to be more careful!

Reinardina

Hope it'll clear up soon. Don't like daily headaches.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jediboy

Quote from: jinky on April 10, 2020, 10:59:19 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on April 10, 2020, 08:15:47 AM

Pretty much recovered but after a phone appointment with doctor they have advised I am suffering from effects of concussion as I am still getting daily headaches. The lump has one down massively but still the biggest egg I`ve ever had from a bang to the head. Lucky I didn`t do more damage as it was just above my temple. teach me to be more careful!

Glad ypiu are on the mend Jinky. Must have been a good blow to the head. Take care.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.