• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 91
  • Total: 91
  • Baidu
photobox
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

Poll for Action Photography

Started by jimthetrain, February 16, 2010, 02:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote here

jimthetrain - racing cars

5 (20.8%)
picsfor - fairground ride

1 (4.2%)
Delamanda - ice rink

2 (8.3%)
Tringle WP - Running jump

0 (0%)
irv_b - Jugglers

0 (0%)
Oldboy - I'm off

7 (29.2%)
sarasocke - Tara in action

9 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: February 20, 2010, 02:31:26 PM

jimthetrain

BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Oldboy

Just given my vote to sarasocke's Tara, well it does contain snow and caught the dog in full stride.  ;D

Mind you if I had know how close the votes was might have changed my mind!  ::)

Thanks to the people who have voted for mine.  :tup:

Sarasocke

Oldboy - we have another two days of voting yet, I'm not counting any chickens ...  ::)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Oldboy

Quote from: Sarasocke on February 18, 2010, 09:21:24 AM
Oldboy - we have another two days of voting yet, I'm not counting any chickens ...  ::)

You should do, as you have gained another four votes.  ;D

Hinfrance

I think those were the ones meant for Irv and I  :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Sarasocke

Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

irv_b

My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Oldboy

Jonathan

Been a while since I managed to do this but it's raining and there's some work I'm trying to avoid....

Remember this is just MY opinion - no more or less valid than anybody else's and if anybody else had the time to give their thoughts that would be cool.

Jim the train.  Like this a lot - I wasn't immediately sure how you'd done it which is a good thing ;)  For me the green car isn't sharp enough (I want more contrast between moving and not) and there's a bit too much blurred track in the corner.  Oh and you could try punching the colours (and exposure) a bit.

Picsfor.  Cool.  I know these shots are hard to get.  But it ain't a pic of a fairground ride.  It's a pic of a big boring area of stationary metal with a fairground ride in the distance :)  Crop this hard and I think you have a cool shot.  Again I prefer brighter and more colourful in my fairground rides.

Delamanda.  Yeah classic.  nice attempt and the framing is great.  Couple of things let this down - colours are muddy (watch your white balance) and that figure right on the edge is too blurred for its position.  But mainly there's just too much going on here.

Tringle.  This is doing my head in.  I can see every detail of the pic you're paying "homage" to.  But I can't remember who took it.  Son of a very rich overachieving family who decided photography was his thing but I can't think of his name.  Anyway, nice shot.  But...what's she jumping over....?

Irv.  Nice try.  3 steps to the right would clean the composition up no end.  But I'm afraid I don't get a sense of movement from this.

OldBoy - another one where you need to be slightly to the right to clean up the b/g.  That would also give you the second wing.  Nice try and this was my second choice.  Small change in perspective and a fraction earlier/later and it would have been top.

Sarasocke - (my choice) Yeah it would have been a surprise if nobody had posted this kind of shot ;)  Nice and sharp and clean shot.  A little lower would have lifted the image a lot.  You could up the exposure (brighter) without hurting this image at all.  Also twin flash at 45 degrees would have kicked it to another level :D
It's Guest's round

picsfor

As always Jonathan, feedback is always welcome. How will i ever learn if not knowing where i'm going wrong.
For me, your point actually makes sense and makes me wonder why i didn't see it that way.
That said, glad we've helped defer doing that job you've tried to avoid.

Sarasocke

Thanks for the crit Jonathan !

Well, dogs is my thing .... just thought I'd mention it  ;D

It was a bright day outside, so I guess I could have made it brighter. I know I should be at least on my knees, if not actually lying down when photograhing dogs, but the said knees are getting older and that little madame was extremely fast ! So much for my excuses  :beer:

Thanks for the votes guys !
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

irv_b

Thanks for your time Jonathan Mine really was a shot to get something in after being frustrated at what I had hoped for not coming off -Oh well there's always next week :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Oldboy

Quote from: Jonathan on February 22, 2010, 08:10:19 AM
Been a while since I managed to do this but it's raining and there's some work I'm trying to avoid....

Remember this is just MY opinion - no more or less valid than anybody else's and if anybody else had the time to give their thoughts that would be cool.

OldBoy - another one where you need to be slightly to the right to clean up the b/g.  That would also give you the second wing.  Nice try and this was my second choice.  Small change in perspective and a fraction earlier/later and it would have been top.

Thanks for the comments, and althought it looks like the Blackbird is flying away, she didn't but landed back down on the post. As I was only about ten feet away didn't have time to react and it was a lucky shot in that sense.  If she had landed on the other post I would have been more face on. :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.