• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 51
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 35
  • Total: 35
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

New version

Started by Karen, December 08, 2007, 11:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen

This is on my Xmas list. I've used PSP since I started and the new version has some really lovely touches to it. I have tried out the demo and now looking forward to my new copy dropping on the mat.  :)

guest4

For those interested in having a go Digital SLR User mag has got a 60 day trial disc with it this month. Thats twice as long as the one you can get off the Corel website. There's also a bit of a tutorial booklet with it too.

Mick

Thanks for that info, might just give it a try.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

spinner

Ok, I know this is an old topic, but I've found some old software, so here's my question. Anybody who's used the 'new' version of PSP tell if there are any advantages over Version 9? Reason I ask, is I was going through some old discs and found I had PSP 9 and wondered if it was worth trying it out on Windows 7 Beta.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Colin

I had some real problems getting the new version to install on a friends computer. There are some issues with video drivers. It took 3 goes to get some drivers that the latest version of PSP liked for some reason but this was on XP. It works fine now and she likes it.

SimonW

I've used PSP since it was shareware and still love it. Currently using Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, having upgraded from 9 to get RAW support. Haven't felt any need to upgrade to the "New" Ultimate - which must be over a year old by now?

I used to make great use of the drawing and text tools, but not so much these days. They are incredibly powerful though, and if you need such things it would be a major reason to choose PSP rather than Elements.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

spinner

I bought my daughter Elements 7. Played around with it a bit, don't like it. I've got a new video card for the Windows 7 beta machine. Once i get that sorted I'm going to give PSP 9 a go.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

Is the new PSP 16 bit? I use Serif Photoplus X3 which has a 16 bit mode, essential imho for decent mono conversions. But I use Elements 6.0 for almost everything else. I do have Elements 7.0, but prefer 6.0 on the whole. I've tried to get to grips with Lightroom, but so far I just find it to be a slightly more wizzy Picasa type of application with many annoying limitations, inconsistent UI, and bloatware in the first rank. And a price that is infinitely higher.

On the other hand, Bibble 5 looks like it might be worth a trial when they finally release it.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Geoff I

I bought this program during the black friday week at Amazon, I think I picked it up for £32 a real bargain for the Ultimate edition, it comes with Nik Efex Pro 3, and the filters are really cool, what I do like about Paintshop Pro X4 is that it works the same way as Photoshop with the layers so it makes using the program quite easy for me, the only down side I find with Paintshop Pro is there are hardly any book tutorials so you can get the best out of the program.

Oldboy

Quote from: Geoff I on December 14, 2011, 11:03:24 PM
I bought this program during the black friday week at Amazon, I think I picked it up for £32 a real bargain for the Ultimate edition, it comes with Nik Efex Pro 3, and the filters are really cool, what I do like about Paintshop Pro X4 is that it works the same way as Photoshop with the layers so it makes using the program quite easy for me, the only down side I find with Paintshop Pro is there are hardly any book tutorials so you can get the best out of the program.

Here you go: http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/-/9781435460577

There are plenty of youtube videos on Paintshop Pro X4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Qzx5G-Nhc   ;D

Mick

A shameless add from me while on the subject of books,

I Haven't used Paintshop pro for years, well not since x  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

Sounds like you got a real bargain there - the Nik software costs an arm and leg just on it's own.

I had a look at the Amazon black Friday pages from time to time - I couldn't work out how to get it to show things I was interested in rather than pages of dross. I had emails saying x or y was available, but when I clicked the link neither x nor y was anywhere to be found. Very frustrating, gave up after a few goes.  :o :(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Geoff I

As soon as the programs went up, Corel Paintshop pro x4 and Adobe Photoshop Elements10 they were sold out within the hour, all the items had a timer on them so if the timer run out as well thats your chance gone, they had some TV's up for grabs but I think the timer must of been only for 30 seconds.

I got Photoshop Elements 9 last year and I thought I would give Paintshop a chance this year.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.