• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 129
  • Total: 129
  • Google
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Chat Thread Weekly Competition 18-24 Nov 2013 Christmas Cards.

Started by Oldboy, November 16, 2013, 09:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on November 23, 2013, 07:44:45 PM
Does anyone else print their own Christmas cards by the way?

Use to when I had the use of a £250,000 Xerox colour laser printed.  :P

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on November 23, 2013, 09:56:02 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on November 23, 2013, 07:44:45 PM
Does anyone else print their own Christmas cards by the way?

Use to when I had the use of a £250,000 Xerox colour laser printed.  :P

Come down in the world, have you?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Quote from: Reinardina on November 23, 2013, 08:07:12 AM
Paul, it may be a well known 'trick,' but I don't know it.

So, could you please explain, how to make a DIY bokeh shaper, and how to use it?

Thanks.

Reinardina - there`s an old blog I did of it here: http://photographybypauldishman.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/circles-of-confusion.html
One of my most popular blogs ever that one and even got some comments that were not spam!

That was with my old D80 but the newer ones were with my D7000. I find I get a large vignette with my full frame D7000 - I no doubt need a larger  hole / cut out for it to work.  I use it covering the lens with the lebs wide open to maximise the bokeh and light coming in. Keep meaning to experiment with smaller apertures to see when the effect goes but the filter kit keeps getting buried in my spare gear pack and comes out flatter everytime. The hardest thing is cutting the shapes into the card for the effects. A simple method:

Buy black card to use for the round "frame" and the actual cut out shapes.
Take said card into Hobbycraft
Cut out as many shapes as you can using their steel template cutters (selling at ridiculous prices) before an assistant / security ask you what you are doing
Explain that you are testing that they work
Explain the same to your solicitor and the judge

I didn`t need the last 2

DigiDiva

Probably nothing from me...Tenerife, though Wintertime, was 24 degrees! N0 chance of a Christmas card type image. nless I have some play time later today, I won't manage anything
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Thanks Paul, much appreciated.
Wanted to leave a comment on your blog, but had to jump through too many hoops ID wise, so left it.

jinky

If you don`t have the hoops you get spammed so better that way

Reinardina

Quote from: DigiDiva on November 24, 2013, 09:09:13 AM
Probably nothing from me...Tenerife, though Wintertime, was 24 degrees! N0 chance of a Christmas card type image. nless I have some play time later today, I won't manage anything

There must have been Christmassy things, even on Tenerife. Or maybe it was too early?
I once spent some time in Singapore, just before Christmas, and everywhere there were decorations and Christmas trees and muzak.

Or, you can still go out there, and photograph the decorations in your home town, or your own decorations.
Anyway good luck and I hope you had a good holiday.

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on November 24, 2013, 09:16:22 AM
If you don`t have the hoops you get spammed so better that way

Ah, I see. But my thanks and appreciation on CC count too, I hope.

kerbside

Quote from: DigiDiva on November 24, 2013, 09:09:13 AM

Chris, lived 6 years in Australia and quite a few Christmas cards there are beach themed.  ;)

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

ABERS

You would have got very short odds at the bookies if you had laid a bet that there would be images of decorations, nativity scenes, robins etc. etc. When you look at packs of cards in the stores there are many cards now that use things other than those abovementioned.

Just put Merry Xmas on any image and it becomes a Christmas Card.

Surely going out and photographing other people's work to meet the brief is almost akin to copying eggs balanced on forks. :legit:

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on November 24, 2013, 09:51:23 AM
You would have got very short odds at the bookies if you had laid a bet that there would be images of decorations, nativity scenes, robins etc. etc. When you look at packs of cards in the stores there are many cards now that use things other than those abovementioned.

Just put Merry Xmas on any image and it becomes a Christmas Card.

Surely going out and photographing other people's work to meet the brief is almost akin to copying eggs balanced on forks. :legit:

You're giving me ideas. Again.

Reinardina

Xmas card new style. (Inspired by Alan's remark.)

It has the X factor, and the utensils that are, with glasses, most often used at this time of year.

Sadly I took the shot some time ago, so cannot use it for the comp, and I'll stick with my tarted up nativity scene.

DigiDiva

I feel Im being teased (in a nice way....)

I like traditional things at Christmas. I do have a few ideas, so might get one in later.

DigiDiva

DigiDiva

Hubby can't believe what I have  done to our fireplace.................In November.......

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.