• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 68
  • Total: 68
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Small Tortoiseshell Butterfly

Started by Just Dave, March 29, 2012, 07:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Dave

Hi

Another shot from my walk today of a Small Tortoiseshell Butterfly, First butterfly this year C+C Welcome :thumbs:

IMG_2012 Small Tortoiseshell Butterfly Higher Burgh Meadow Yarrow Valley Chorley Lancashire by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Oldboy

Cracking shot Dave. I missed one of them yesterday at Sandwell Valley. I've seen a few Peacocks, lots of Brimstones and today at Earlswood a Orange Tip but it didn't land on a flower. I include below a Peacock and Speckled Wood photographed at Earlswood today.  ;D

Just Dave

Thanks OB and fab shots woohooo its butterfly season, I saw orange tip, lots of peacocks, also yesterday, not seen any brimstones or speckled wood as yet but Im looking LOL,
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Oldboy

Quote from: Just Dave on March 30, 2012, 06:15:41 AM
Thanks OB and fab shots woohooo its butterfly season, I saw orange tip, lots of peacocks, also yesterday, not seen any brimstones or speckled wood as yet but Im looking LOL,

Brimstones have been around since February but with no flowers for them to land on, it's hard to get a shot. Most of the butterflies you see are last years adults, which slept during the Winter and now emerge to lay eggs.  :tup:

donoreo

Nice photo, my daughters would love a fuzzy butterfly like that :)

Just Dave

Reinardina

Wonderful pictures! So far I only managed to shoot one butterfly 'in the wild.' Ever.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on March 30, 2012, 10:51:03 PM
Wonderful pictures! So far I only managed to shoot one butterfly 'in the wild.' Ever.

The secret with butterflies is move up slowly. If they fly off before you take the shot then wait around, as they tend to come back to almost the same spot.  :tup:

Just Dave

Your right OB stealth and what ever you do dont chase them about, youll get nowhere, except knackard LOL

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.