• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 193
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 116
  • Total: 116
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Is this......

Started by greypoint, July 29, 2009, 10:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greypoint

....the place of refuge for those irritated beyond belief by the girly witterings about the wonderful new photoradar.....not that I'll ever get an invite..... 8)

Mick

Quote from: greypoint on July 29, 2009, 10:58:16 PM
....the place of refuge for those irritated beyond belief by the girly witterings about the wonderful new photoradar.....not that I'll ever get an invite..... 8)

It sure is.  Welcome to CC Sue.  :tup:   

As for the new PR site, you are not missing much to be honest.  I've been pulling it to pieces for a few days, and it needs some serious work to make it user friendly.   If you want my honest opinion, it's no where near finished, or certainly not finished enough for thousands of beta testers.  But many would probably disagree.  :legit:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Alfonso_Frisk

Your right Mick
from my short visit there I think it will be titsup and gone by the end of the year.
its just too clinical and far too much like other sites out there. It is shouting at me with patronising headers and links to improve photography, unlike DCM where the forum is the heart of the site
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

greypoint

But 'the team' keep telling us it will be wonderful! No invite for me - even after sending my email details [which were corrrect anyway] and registering on the site info page. Ah well, if I have to wait until the site goes live I can start a thread moaning about the ineffieciency of DCMag and Future and how they don't care about their so called  'community' - that should be good for an instant ban!

Hinfrance

I didn't know that PR was even up and running - the last email I had from Future simply said 'watch this space'. I might visit it IF I get the invite, but frankly I do beta testing elsewhere and it is not done for free . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

greypoint

I'm not bothered about beta testing - had I been in charge I think I'd have put out a call for all members with experience of web design/building etc. first to test things out.  I do enjoy baiting the girlies though :2funny: :D :hehe:

stevebedder

I must be privilidged  ;)

I just got an invite to test PR.

Had a quick look at the site and I quite like the layout, too many ads though!!

It's also a bit slow at loading with there being so much graphical\image content.

Steve

greypoint

Still have'nt had mine - what a surprise! My friend who joined 5 years ago and has'nt been back since has had the emails so she'll no doubt get an invite soon and I can have a look. 8)

stevebedder

I was really suprised I got one as I havn't been on DCM forums since I found this place a while ago.

I won't be going back though, certainly not on a regular basis anyway, they have had far too many problems\hacks for my liking.

Steve

spinner

Got my super secret invite to a certain beta site. Have agree not to tell anyone, so I'm not here posting this, nudge nudge wink wink. What struck me right away was all these people thanking the admin for being invited and not recognizing one of the names. Like I posted on DCM before I gave up on the place, they don't seem have any particular interest in the old regulars.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

anglefire

Spin,

I've just got my invite - I pretty much made that comment on the first page. They can ban me if they wish!

I;ve also just uploaded a photo - took ages - have to fill in a load of mandatory stuff, then give your name and password - which is the one you get when you are asked to test it.

Lot of faff - won't be doing that again  in a hurry!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

bones615

Havent used the site for a while so i dont know why i got one, first look seems ok but nothing outstanding. Technique/how to section seems to have a lot of stuff in but the site in general is very slow at the moment.

Mick

Quote from: anglefire on July 30, 2009, 08:50:14 PM
Spin,

I've just got my invite - I pretty much made that comment on the first page. They can ban me if they wish!

I;ve also just uploaded a photo - took ages - have to fill in a load of mandatory stuff, then give your name and password - which is the one you get when you are asked to test it.

Lot of faff - won't be doing that again  in a hurry!

Just read your comment about the gallery, and have to agree.  Not good is it.  :doh:  Looks like things are being done on a budget (low one)  using free software coupled with a paid version of vBulletin.  

I now don't feel too bad about my little website now.  Considering this was my first real effort, and I know diddly about coding /or building websites.  ;)

Hopefully they'll get it working.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

greypoint

As I said when they first started talking about the migration to photoradar, a forum is all about it's members. They don't seem to appreciate that fact - just keep saying how wonderful it will all be. Having attempted, along with just a few others, to come up with ideas and threads to help keep things going I now realise I might as well not have bothered and just left the forums to be full of 'what DSLR should I buy'! 

Alfonso_Frisk

Welcome to CC Sue xxx
enjoy
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.