• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 60
  • Total: 60
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Entries for ANCESTRY weekly competition 13 July to 19th July

Started by moonlustie, July 12, 2009, 07:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonlustie

The subject for this weeks competition is .....
ANCESTRY
Something that relates to your family history - a place, an object anythink that links in however recent or old.

Rules

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 13 July to 19th July.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday July 20th.
Poll will be up Tuesday 21st July until 23.59pm Friday 24th July.
Winner to be announced Saturday 25th July (winner should post the new topic no later than 23.59 Sunday 26th July)

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
post a topic on the sunday following your declared win
create an entries thread
create a chat thread
create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie sunday xx to Monday xx

pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Poll to be created Tuesday to run till Friday, winner declared Saturday

Editing limits to be specified by the person choosing the competition subject, if nothing is mentioned then there is no limit to editing allowed.

Montage images should only contain images taken within specified dates

Please don't vote for your own entry

Everyone is welcome and comments and critique on the entries are also welcome

Posting your entries, and settiing up the poll.  Instructions are here: http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.0

Hinfrance

Here's mine.

Dug a few things out of the remains of my late father's possessions and made a quick montage in tribute to him.

TRIBUTE - WING COMMANDER WCT WORF OBE

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Colin

Here's mine

I was out on the Worldwide Photo Walk in Denia last night. And thought that this might be something suitable.

This is the tunnel underneath Denia castle that was built in Roman times that was used as an air raid shelter during the Spanish Civil War. The commemorative tablet is outside the entrance and was superimposed to put it into context.

Oldboy

When I was a child the only square box we had for entertainment, was the Punch & Judy show.  ;D
Mr. Punch:

Good luck all.  :tup:

irv_b

My parents are from the island of Barbados and even I still consider it as home (so I wouldn't pass the Norman Tebbit test)
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

oggalily

"Hogscrapers" were cheap iron candlesticks manufactured in Birmingham in the mid-1800s.  They were so named because the sharp-egded base doubled as a tool to scrape the bristles off a slaughtered hog.  There is a bit of family background in the hogscraper trade and as a consequence I have a small collection of these.

wattsy

Family history in matchbox: grandfather - father - daughter

jimthetrain

My Beginning 1965

You can probably see my real name isn't Jim, but I use it the most.  :tup:

Jim

(wasn't using the baby shots)
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

skellum

My Ancestors.  A picture of my Dad, Grandad & Uncle Burt taken just after the war. The picture looks more like three gangsters with my Grandad being the Godfather.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.