• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 42
  • Total: 42
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Canon 50mm f1.8 Mk11

Started by skellum, June 15, 2011, 12:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

Decided to sell my Canon 50mm f1.8 Mk11 plus UV filter & Lens hood.  Not had it long so hardly used.
I have just acquired a Sigma 50mm f2.8 macro so no need for it anymore. If no one is interested I will put it on e.bay at the weekend.

picsfor

sell?  :uglystupid2:sell?  :knuppel2:

How can you call yourself a respectable tog without a 50mm?
(you may gather that i already have one of these fine lenses...)

It's a great lens, and a real bargain...

skellum

Quote from: picsfor on June 16, 2011, 07:18:58 PM
sell?  :uglystupid2:sell?  :knuppel2:

How can you call yourself a respectable tog without a 50mm?
(you may gather that i already have one of these fine lenses...)

It's a great lens, and a real bargain...

The Sigma 50mm f2.8 macro is also a fine lens which I got at a bargain price. Plus I can photograph Royalty at close range with it... ;D

anglefire

It's my least used lens - only ever use it if I'm tight for space and its low light.

Much prefer my 85mm f1.8 :)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

bones615

My least used as well, bought it because every where i read about it they said its a "must have". Sometimes gets reversed on the front of my macro lens but other than that its pretty much redundant.

Simon

picsfor

I think it is a sign of the times, or lens development, that a 50mm is no longer considered a must have lens.

Times were, no respectable camera manufacturer would have supplied a body without one of these lenses attached, where as i had to go out and specifically buy it.
I suppose having a beast of a sensor in the 21mm FF that comes with the 5D2 makes it a useful tool as well...

I suspect eBay will be you point of  sell Dave - apparently i'm its only fan on this site  :'(

skellum

I suspect eBay will be you point of  sell Dave - apparently i'm its only fan on this site 

Had a look on e.bay last night and it was full of Canon 50mm F 1.8 so I will have to wait for the best time to list it. No point giving it away.

skellum

Just sold my Canon 50mm on e.bay for  £ 91.00.  Can't really complain at that so its of to the Isle of Wight in the morning

picsfor

well done Dave, i'm impressed with that figure - almost tempted to list mine  ;)

skellum

Quote from: picsfor on June 27, 2011, 04:48:17 PM
well done Dave, i'm impressed with that figure - almost tempted to list mine  ;)

I think presentation is the key to ebay. There are some terrible shots of lenses on there, makes you think did the owner look after the lens or did they know what they were doing because they can't photograph it properly.

Up to now ( touch wood ) I have done ok with ebay both buying and selling photographic equipment but I have a nagging feeling I will get stung one day.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.