• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 128
  • Total: 128
  • Google
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Speakers Corner Meet - moved to identify this meet only...

Started by picsfor, September 05, 2009, 10:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

To be held on 20th September which is a Sunday.

The plan is to visit Speakers Corner and photograph the opinionated, and the rowdy crowd who come to cheer or boo!

It has been suggested that the best place to meet is Hyde Park Corner, and the best time is 11:00 - so that is the time i am proposing.
This will allow time to have a bit of a wander round other local photographic attractions and also get a tea or coffee before we place ourselves for the main attraction of the day.

It is hoped the Mr Abercrombie will be attending so any one not sure how to photograph strangers and Joe Public will be able to witness a master at work  Wink

These events are designed to be enjoyable meetings of people who wish to enjoy a days (or half day as time allows) photography irrespective of kit or experience.
Newbies are just as welcome as pros - and digital compacts are just as welcome as D3x's or 1Ds MkIII's.

At these meetings - they all get put into the same hat.

Hopefully we can get a gallery set up where by we can post some samples of the days work. I have always found it absolutely amazing that you can visit a place with a group of people and see the same things and yet "miss" the pictures they take - or gain inspiration to take that sideways look the next time you visit a place with a camera.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask - either through this thread, via e-mail or PM.

irv_b

Sorry guys but I am gonna have to miss out on this one at the w/end -a guy crashed into our car yesterday and its gone to the bodyshop.There is a steel band gig on sunday which I will now have to ferry the pans to and fro in my van.
Hope you all have a good time
Irv

My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

skellum

I can't go either! I might get on the rostrum and upset to many people........ :2funny: :doh: :legit:

Sandy

Iam going just need to check on rail work. I have a Pentax K7 but no really long lens thou I do have a 50-135mm would this lens be suitable?

Sandy

ABERS

Quote from: Sandy on September 16, 2009, 07:01:58 AM
Iam going just need to check on rail work. I have a Pentax K7 but no really long lens thou I do have a 50-135mm would this lens be suitable?

Sandy

You'll be fine with that Sandy.
P.S. The forecast looks promising (at the moment) 8)

nickt

I only live down the road from Speaker's Corner but unfortunately can't make it as I'm taking my son to Birmingham Uni on Sunday. Don't forget to take some shots of the horse's head. It's a huge statue by Marble Arch. As you go further down Park Lane there's a monument to the animals that were in the wars. Have a good one.
Nick

minky_monkey

What time, and where are you planning to meet each other?

greypoint

and how will you recognise each other? Will there be a password or will you be wearing a carnation or carrying a copy of DCM?? ::)

minky_monkey

OK then, hands up who doesn`t read post properly!   :tup: A thumbs up is as close as I can get to a hands up smiley...

So, 11am Hyde Park Corner.

Whereabouts on HPC?  I don`t really know it that well on foot.

ABERS

Don't forget HPC is not Speakers' Corner, that is at Marble Arch. 11am will give you time to have a wander around the Serpentine and stroll up to Marble Arch for about 12.30. If you want a meeting place I would suggest the large blackstatue of Achilles or Mars just inside the gates at HPC.
Other places of interest at HPC are the war memorials to the Anzacs and the Royal Artillery (WW1) that can be reached by the pedestrian underpasses at HPC or pedestrian crossings if you are fleet of foot.

There's a coffe kiosk at Speakers' Corner, snacks and drinks at reasonable prices for London.

Latecomers can meet there. Both HPC and Marble Arch are served by underground stations.

Weather still looking good. :tup:

picsfor

Just back from a week away - i say we go with Alans' suggestion of meeting at the large black statue of Achilles or Mars At he gates of Hyde Park Corner.

How will we know each other - some of have met before but in general we will all be wielding some sort of tog gear, a tripod, camera rucksack or something.
If you see a group of people looking at a K7 then that will be us looking at Sandy's new toy  ;D

I will clarify all tomorrow once i have recovered from my week of travelling.

Oldboy

Quote from: picsfor on September 17, 2009, 05:59:11 PM
If you see a group of people looking at a K7 then that will be us looking at Sandy's new toy  ;D

As long as it doesn't also contain A and a 4!  :2funny: :legit:

ABERS

I hope you didn't think I was poking my nose in Andrew. :-[

Eileen

HPC sounds good to me. Has anyone been in touch with Keith (Krennon)? I know he was keen to come.

picsfor

Sadly Eileen - i do not have his contact details - if any one has them then please update him with the meet details.
As always - the more the merrier!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.