• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 193
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 113
  • Total: 113
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Chat; STRANGE IDEAS weekly comp 20th-26thAugust2012

Started by Beaux Reflets, August 19, 2012, 01:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

In case none of my wilder ideas come to fruition, I'm in for now with my reserve shot. I bet none of the expat kids went to see him . .

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

jinky

Glad you think it would sell R - I thought it might be a bit of a lemon - well oranges and lime anyway  :D. Or should a say a bitter lemon?

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on August 25, 2012, 02:36:50 PM
Glad you think it would sell R - I thought it might be a bit of a lemon - well oranges and lime anyway  :D. Or should a say a bitter lemon?

Bitter lemon goes quite well with gin, almost as well as tonic, so let's keep it at that.

And I'm sure it would sell.

You should freeze it in a boxshaped container filled with water, making sure it will be in the middle and not on the bottom. Once it's deeply frozen and you have a good thick layer of ice all round it, you can take it out on special occasions (dinner parties, weddings, exhibitions etc), and display it for a while, on an attractive drip tray, before refreezing.

Make sure some guests send some pictures to a national broadsheet, and the internet and hey presto: world famous!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

I decided to enter this one.

Strange Fashion Ideas.

'Bee' socks and bright yellow laces have their place, but I don't think this is it.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

Quote from: Reinardina on August 25, 2012, 07:15:20 PM
I decided to enter this one.

Strange Fashion Ideas.

'Bee' socks and bright yellow laces have their place, but I don't think this is it.

This made me laugh Reinardina. Very well spotted (or should I say striped..lol).
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

DigiDiva

You asked for strange ideas and you got strange ideas.....Please don't show the children, it might scare them.........

My idea was very strange indeed (and I am beginning wondering if I am strange too...). The idea was a portrait, with the face distorted beyond recognition, by the model wearing elastic bands. Strangely, no one would model for me............

Oldboy

Quote from: DigiDiva on August 26, 2012, 09:18:39 AM
You asked for strange ideas and you got strange ideas.....Please don't show the children, it might scare them.........

My idea was very strange indeed (and I am beginning wondering if I am strange too...). The idea was a portrait, with the face distorted beyond recognition, by the model wearing elastic bands. Strangely, no one would model for me............

Are we into Gimps or just head bondage?  ??? :dance:

DigiDiva

Quote from: Oldboy on August 26, 2012, 06:43:08 PM
Quote from: DigiDiva on August 26, 2012, 09:18:39 AM

Are we into Gimps or just head bondage?  ??? :dance:

Well, thats for me to know! lol

ABERS

A Snippy Snap of Snappy Snips.

A bit of a Spoonerism for this title.

Since he was a schoolteacher I always though Dr Wooner was a spanker! :legit:

Beaux Reflets

Good to see such a broad range of shots  :)

Determined not to rely upon post processing to insert or overlay strangeness I'm in with Bending Light!

Taking this aspect in reality into account; An arrangement in variable heating introduced into camera equipment will bend the light counteracting and compensating for all lens distortion8)  :idea:  I wonder which company will bring the first ones into the marketplace  :tup:    Who knows, someday all cameras may have fish eye lenses as their standard lens Alan  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Delamanda

Well I think mine is almost normal compared with some of these amazing strangenesses.  Mine's a simple cheese sandwich, left n the seats of the tube station.  Forgetting something is not particularly strange, bit it was the idea of balancing it neatly on the arm of the chair and then forgetting it that I found strange!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.