• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 146
  • Total: 146
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Just Curious

Started by ABERS, February 08, 2015, 09:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Not having an 'all singing all dancing' mobile phone can anyone tell me if any of those currently on the market have the ability to engage the three necessary facilities, aperture, speed and ISO, before you take a picture with it, or are they just all automatic.

I watched a bloke taking pictures with his, and the only thing he seemed to control was a zoom facility by stroking the screen.

Eventually finding my £10 special in the bottom of the cupboard, I can see how to take a picture but there doesn't appear to be any way you can control it in various lighting conditions.

Oldboy

"I Am Curious (Yellow)"  :P

Reinardina

I'm lucky, my mobile does not have a camera. It is a phone.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Quote from: Oldboy on February 08, 2015, 09:47:39 AM
"I Am Curious (Yellow)"  :P

Thanks for that Oldboy, it all becomes clear. ???

Graham

Alan. Mine does all of those things, and more!
   :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

I didn't realise there were small attachments for them.

Do you have to have them for altering the three things I mentioned?

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on February 10, 2015, 04:07:28 PM

Now that's a bit stupid!!! How are you going to work the phone whilst using the camera if it's upside down? Back to the drawing board!  :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

Reinardina

Quote from: Graham on February 10, 2015, 04:07:28 PM

I might be able to get something like this; I just bought superglue, which is easier, as I'm not very good with bolts and screws and things like that.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spikeyjen

I have a Samsung galaxy 5. 16 megapix,  fantastic clear photos. But to answer your question... no you can't set ISO or change shutter speed. Instead it has lots of 'modes'. Such as making one object stand out (you can't set the aperture but you can select to make an object stand out with the background blurred), face recognition, HDR or panoramas up to 360 deg. These are all preset and if you select them you get what you are given. Mot sure if that helps

ABERS

Thanks for the info Spikey.

My curiosity was aroused when a club trophy was changed to accomodate images taken on a mobile phone, I was not sure what degree of photographic competence was required to do such a thing.

spikeyjen

The quality of the photos from the mobile is amazing and you can download them and play in photoshop. And there are some seriously fun apps you can play with too. The Australian Photographic Society now has a separate division for mobile phone photography

WillyP

There's a reason why smart phones are called smart phones. They are smart. How dare you suggest that you could change setting to improve a picture!

Hinfrance

Quote from: WillyP on February 19, 2015, 09:53:44 PM
There's a reason why smart phones are called smart phones. They are smart. How dare you suggest that you could change setting to improve a picture!

I need to upgrade, mine's as dumb as a shovel.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

donoreo

There are some replacement apps for the default camera app that does allow some manual control. 

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.