• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 68
  • Total: 68
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

New iMac

Started by picsfor, October 21, 2009, 11:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

I hope you got the version with at least a 1Tb H/D and at least 4gb ram.

The Mac comes with a back up program called Time Machine.
This works best when it has an EHD plugged in and given over to it as a slave drive. Once configured you will not have to worry about backing up your Mac stuff again! It's a fairly robust system.

I have a WD Passport EHD on which i load photos to be shared between the Windows 7 laptop and the iMac - although to be honest the laptop is only there for people i help with computers or when i go away as additional storage. My next laptop will be a MacBook.

You will be hard pressed to switch on a Windows machine again after you have got used to the Mac!

jimthetrain

The details of it are below as I couldn't manage to link the page

3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
MAC OS X Snow Leopard Operating system
4GB Memory
1TB Hard Drive
iLife 09 pre installed
ATI Radeon HD graphics with 256MB memory
27" LED backlit display
Built in iSight camera
Slot loading SuperDrive
Wireless Keyboard & mouse included

I got the external just to shift things about and for the laptop mainly.
For the money, i'll probably get another just for the mac when I find my way round the os. Still in the box. ::)
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

picsfor

Get yourself a 1Tb EHD if you can afford it - and get it with a Firewire 800 connector. (usually an extra tenner for that option)
Use that with Time Machine and you'll never look back - honest!

Oh yes - and the iSight camera works a treat with iChat. Video conferencing like out of Star Trek - no lag between Brighton and the US on our broadband system - how video conferencing is supposed to be!  :tup:

jimthetrain

The external is a 1TB it just needs formatting if I want to use it with the mac. Haven't got as much to back up gigabyte wise as i'd thought so maybe a smaller one is alright for the lappy and then format this one for the mac. Always something else to spend your money on. ::)

Jan Hagen

Any problems with the monitor on your new iMac27" Jim?
The oh so mentioned flickering and black screen!?
I'm still waiting for mine, but told it'll arrive some time in January. Hope it'll be 10 days rather than 30! Late Christmas present!

All the best for the new year - Jan

jimthetrain

Only had it on while I set up the computer and everything seemed fine. Tried a dvd and the quality was excellent. I've no work this weekend so will have time to play about. All the best to you Jan

jim

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.