• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 255
  • Total: 255
  • Google
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Taylor Wessing prize anyone?

Started by jinky, May 04, 2015, 08:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Waste of time R. Too many opponents for the competitive element on here ;)

DigiDiva

Abers........behave yourself. Minx.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Beaux Reflets

Posting a link to the TW is not a waste of time in my opinion - However viewing the previous winning shots I was not really blown away by any particular portrait.

Are these sort of competitions kind of a lottery? - what tickles the organiser's fancy to maximise publicity and future profit from the rising entrance fees.  As I don't generally do portrait photography I would have to produce a real humdinger of a shot to give me the confidence to enter at 27.00 quid  :o  a go.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

I could never take anything controversial enough to win. But I do like to look at entries.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Nor me H. I only put the link up because so many looked at it / mentioned it in previous years and had views about the images. I like to see what is around myself and it does get press coverage. I have entered competitions with bigger numbers than the TW attracts but the difference was they were free. Must admit I like the idea of trying some portraits a little bit outside of what I normally do but I shoot just for me and family / friends now rather than a wider audience other than the forums / groups I am in.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.