• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 64
  • Total: 64
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

None event pictures in the gallery !!!    Show us what you can do !    not snap shots !   You have paid good money for your equipment so why not use it .   Mick may ban me or I will recieve some adverse comments for my outburst but I don't care, this is not Flicker or Facebook to download anything trivial !!!.  Anyway that said I feel better now.   My wife tells me that the people who know me say I am a nice guy... but for F..k sake come on and get some decent pictures posted !...... Something worth commenting on ............... All replies here please,..

Yours in anticipation.......Dave...........:legit:

Graham

Quote from: skellum ( Dave ) on September 15, 2009, 02:02:56 AM
None event pictures in the gallery !!!    Show us what you can do !    not snap shots !   You have paid good money for your equipment so why not use it .   Mick may ban me or I will recieve some adverse comments for my outburst but I don't care, this is not Flicker or Facebook to download anything trivial !!!.  Anyway that said I feel better now.   My wife tells me that the people who know me say I am a nice guy... but for F..k sake come on and get some decent pictures posted !...... Something worth commenting on ............... All replies here please,..

Hells teeth Dave! That's a bit harsh! (But I know what you mean ;) :tup:)
                                    Graham.  :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

greypoint

Some of us only take snap shots ::) I think if you want to be a friendly and inclusive place you have to take the rough with the smooth.If you want to concentrate people's minds on only uploading their best then I think the only way is to have a daily upload limit. And again there are differing views on what makes a photo 'good' - is it a technically brilliant but boring picture or an unusual take that's technically under par? What makes a photo worth looking at is mainly due to personal taste. I know there are those who only bother to look at photos of subjects they have an interest in which is understandable on a place like flickr with its millions of pictures. On a small site like this I try to look at all uploads as it does'nt take much time. I would'nt say I've got a particular interest in aircraft but Davids pictures are fantastic. Photography is a wide ranging hobby and different people get different things out of it.

top totty

Quote from: Graham on September 15, 2009, 06:57:34 AM
Quote from: skellum ( Dave ) on September 15, 2009, 02:02:56 AM

Hells teeth Dave! That's a bit harsh! (But I know what you mean ;) :tup:)
                                    Graham.  :)

Hi Dave, can you explain the difference in snapshot/decent shot please and anything trivial. My pictures are mainly flowers or still life but I would hate to think them unworthy of being on this site. Please let me know and I'll remove them if necessary :)
Janet

Mick

OK.  Firstly let me apologise for my Moderator's (Dave's) comments.  Harsh is not the word IMO, and not what I would expect from some one in the team.

I think Sue just about summed it up.  There's no rules saying no event pics in the gallery, in fact they are welcome.  If people don't want to look at them, then they can explore the user galleries etc.  Same goes for what anyone considers snaps.  They are still photos after all.

Janet, please don't remove any of your pics.  I like flowers and still life, and take quite a few myself.  ;)

@ Dave.  I have enough to cope with trying to keep this place together without having to moderate my moderators.  If you could please think a bit before posting, it will save a lot of upset.    

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

greypoint

I just can't understand why, with so many visitors, some pictures have so few views. I know that uploading pictures does'nt mean you're obliged to look at others efforts but to me it's a courtesy thing. And you sometimes discover something you really like!

greypoint

PS my reading of it was'nt 'event photography' but rather 'non event' ie casual snap.

Mick

Quote from: greypoint on September 15, 2009, 09:41:15 AM
PS my reading of it was'nt 'event photography' but rather 'non event' ie casual snap.

:-[ :doh: Yeah I get that now  ??? .  Photo's are photo's though.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

greypoint

Well that's it really - even ones of dogs and swans :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Peter Jackson

Just to confirm then Mick, my 3 day Event shots can stay?  ;) 8)
Oh Lord, please help me to be the person that my dog thinks I am.

magicrhodes

What annoyed me today????

James Fookin Martin and his vitriol against cyclists, encouraging other people to force cyclists off the road. It is not on damn it! >:( >:(

skellum

Top Totty, to me personally your pictures are fine and not trivial as you have worked / crafted them which was the point I was trying to make. I am a Football League photographer but I don't think most people would be impressed if I were to fill the gallery most nights with football shots except maybe for the odd one that I may be particually proud off. I started a thread recently on Live Band photography as it was something I had never photographed before and asked for advice. After the event I posted the pictures in the thread and not the gallery as I didn't want to clogg it up with subject matter that would not be of interest to most people.
I knew certain people would be upset by my outburst but I have made my point hopefully. To me there is nothing wrong with the odd snap shot, we all do it but does it have to be shot after shot.
Someone may post a very good picture in the gallery that may be worthy of " Picture of the week " then it gets wiped of the front page.
As you will now know I tend to speak my mind and will upset some people along the way to whom I apoligise........Regards.....Dave.... :legit:

Hybridphotog

Quote from: magicrhodes on September 15, 2009, 11:12:35 AM
What annoyed me today????

James Fookin Martin and his vitriol against cyclists, encouraging other people to force cyclists off the road. It is not on damn it! >:( >:(
Hmm...
"Knowing they wouldn't hear me coming, I stepped on the gas, waited until the split second before I overtook them, then gave them an almighty blast on the horn at the exact same time I passed them at speed.
"The look of sheer terror as they tottered into the hedge was the best thing I've ever seen in my rear-view mirror."
He's a brave man, knowing he can effectively (not to mention effortlessly) run away from some people that he's managed to anger.

top totty

Quote from: skellum ( Dave ) on September 15, 2009, 12:27:10 PM
Top Totty, to me personally your pictures are fine and not trivial as you have worked / crafted them which was the point I was trying to make. I am a Football League photographer but I don't think most people would be impressed if I were to fill the gallery most nights with football shots except maybe for the odd one that I may be particually proud off. I started a thread recently on Live Band photography as it was something I had never photographed before and asked for advice. After the event I posted the pictures in the thread and not the gallery as I didn't want to clogg it up with subject matter that would not be of interest to most people.
I knew certain people would be upset by my outburst but I have made my point hopefully. To me there is nothing wrong with the odd snap shot, we all do it but does it have to be shot after shot.
Someone may post a very good picture in the gallery that may be worthy of " Picture of the week " then it gets wiped of the front page.
As you will now know I tend to speak my mind and will upset some people along the way to whom I apoligise........Regards.....Dave.... :legit:

Nice to see that we are able to speak our minds on this site and not have our voices muted. I didn't take it personally Dave, hope we can still be friends :) :)
Janet

skellum

Thankyou Janet........ Regards..Dave.... :tup: :legit:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.