• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 72
  • Total: 72
  • Baidu
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hevans

Quote from: Tringle WP on December 13, 2010, 06:41:12 PM
The effing cat. If it wasn't for my daughter and better half the damned thing would be mittens by now.

Today my wife baked the Christmas cake. This evening the bl**dy cat ate it while it was set out to cool.

Ours pissed in the hallway this weekend.  >:(

They're now enjoying the great outdoors for a few weeks, or until I decide they can come back in.

H.

Jonathan

So.........

6 months wait for a new Skoda.  It's here and it's rather nice.  I've had it about 3 weeks and done about 500 odd miles.

On Friday a lorry kicked up a tiny stone which hit the windscreen and left the tiniest chip you've ever seen on the passenger's side, 200mm from the edge.

3 visits today from Autoglass and a lot of shouting on the phone (them, not me - I really don't get why customer service feel the need to shout at their customers) and I give in.  I will have to get a whole new windscreen.  £75 from me and countless hundreds from my insurers.  They need to order it from Skoda - which could take a while.  The tech had to come back to get the chassis number as they have no record of the vehicle under its reg number.  Apparently it's even more expensive with the rain and light sensors that I have built in.

In the meantime they tell me it's pretty likely the whole screen will split while I'm driving.  Especially if the weather turns cold.

Marvellous.
It's Guest's round

SimonW

The first bit of damage on a new car is always upsetting - you have my sympathy.

Autoglass might well be right - it's the closeness to the edge which makes it likely to split. I've had one go like that in the past. But a couple of months ago I had  the opposite - a fairly large stone made a very loud bang on the screen, leaving a sizable chip near the centre. Autoglass told me not to worry about it. Nothing's changed since....

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

spinner

Quote from: Tringle WP on December 13, 2010, 06:41:12 PM
I've never seen the point of cats.  killers every one of them.

mice ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

Quote from: Jonathan on December 13, 2010, 07:19:31 PM

In the meantime they tell me it's pretty likely the whole screen will split while I'm driving.  Especially if the weather turns cold.

Marvellous.

Yes, that's what they say, my daughters Beetle has a star chip in the middle of hers. I've been waiting for 3 yrs. now for it to split the screen. Still going strong and the weather does turn cold here. ;D
Ol' blue eyes

Jonathan

Quote from: SimonW on December 13, 2010, 09:32:46 PM
Autoglass might well be right - it's the closeness to the edge which makes it likely to split.

That would make sense.  But their own guidelines say 50mm from the edge.  This is 200.

Seriously I think they are just short of money.

Interesting fact: Autoglass don't guarantee that their "MOT standard" fixes will pass an MOT.  They say tests vary too much.  Which is nice.
It's Guest's round

hevans

We had a chip in the middle of the windscreen on our car a few years back. One winter it turned into a crack about a foot long. I called the glass people and they said it's not a huge problem but should be replaced at the nearest convenience. It was about 3 months or so until our nearest convenient moment.

These glass panes consist of two layers of glass bonded with a rubberised layer - the outer layer may crack, but the inner layer will remain intact and hold the outer layer together. It's not like it will shatter and cover you in glass. while driving.

H

spinner

Quote from: hevans on December 14, 2010, 08:00:18 AM
We had a chip in the middle of the windscreen on our car a few years back. One winter it turned into a crack about a foot long. I called the glass people and they said it's not a huge problem but should be replaced at the nearest convenience. It was about 3 months or so until our nearest convenient moment.

These glass panes consist of two layers of glass bonded with a rubberised layer - the outer layer may crack, but the inner layer will remain intact and hold the outer layer together. It's not like it will shatter and cover you in glass. while driving.

H

Here, in Ont. once it goes to a crack it must be replaced. It's considered a visual impairment. I think if the star in my daughter's windshield was in the driver's side portion the same would apply, but it's not.  Her Beetle is LEMON yellow, with emphasis on the lemon part. Cute car but so far been a money pit.  :'(
Ol' blue eyes

ABERS

Minimum Wage?

Reading of a couple that defrauded the local council out of £50,000 has been ordered to do 180 hours of community service. Even if that is 180 hours each that works out at £138.88 an hour. I've put my name down to join the firm.

The really nasty judge also sentenced them to 15 weeks in prison, suspended for two years. :o  >:(

hevans

Quote from: ABERS on December 15, 2010, 07:09:04 PM
Minimum Wage?

Reading of a couple that defrauded the local council out of £50,000 has been ordered to do 180 hours of community service. Even if that is 180 hours each that works out at £138.88 an hour. I've put my name down to join the firm.

The really nasty judge also sentenced them to 15 weeks in prison, suspended for two years. :o  >:(

If only that meant they were to be suspended in prison for 15 weeks....upside down.

krennon

This morning needed to get to work early so left when it was still dark nearly killed three different cyclists due to the following 1st just decided to ride diagonally across a zebra crossing without actually looking at all to see if there were any cars coming
the 2nd went haring through a red light (when it was my right of way) and the 3rd one was just a goldfish who thought it would be a good idea to overtake me just as I was turning right and he wanted to go straight on....and yes I was indicating and checked my blind spot and still got called a w****r  >:(

For the record none of the above 3 complete and utter idiots had lights or reflective clothing on....

The sooner they pass a law saying that ALL cyclists (and motorcyclists) MUST wear reflective clothing when it's dark the better.....

And yes I do have sympathy for cyclists but the rules of the road are there for ALL road users......
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Alfonso_Frisk

Mobile organ donors. The best description for 99% of cyclists
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

anglefire

And compulsory insurance for cyclists. If they hit me, I have to pay - that is just wrong.

I have actually now got a blackbox video camera in my car now - so if I do have an accident, I can at least show what I was doing at the time - and it records speed and position.

Not that I plan hitting anything..........
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

krennon

I agree a compulsory insurance of say £24.00 a year for every cyclist the amount of times I have seen people forced onto the road because of some idiot (over the age of 18) riding on the pavement....Kingston is primarily a pedestrianised zone but the cyclist still go flying through it a fair old rate of knots again the amount of kids I've seen nearly sent flying because of these idiots riding too fast is unreal....worst of all is the constables and pcso's on patrol in the area who do sweet f.a. about it......I have been so tempted to clothesline the s o d s as they ride by it is unreal....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Graham

Can't really argue with any of the above re cyclists....And I cycle to work every day.
       I take the same attitude as when I used to ride motorcycles. Every other road user is iether blind , stupid or both and therefore whatever happens it's my fault and I'm going to come of worse.
       Someone wrote to the local paper the other week complaining about a "cyclist weaving all over the road" and that his flashing lights "confused other road users".
       I replied that if it was Uttoxeter Road then it was probbably me and that I was'nt weaving over the road but trying to avoid last winters potholes, and further that any motorist "Confused" by a cyclist's flashing light should reconsider whether they should be on the Queens highway at all!
                                Bring it on guys. :knuppel2:
                                                        Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.