• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 127
  • Total: 127
  • Bingbot
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglefire

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

ABERS

Major Walter Clopton Wingfield must be spinning in his grave today. Great Britain beaten by that giant of the tennis world, Lithuania, in some nether level of the Davis Cup. Tennis, a sport run by the wealthy that treats it as a social club rather than a serious sport. A middle class pastime with no aspirations of competitiveness. Where mediocrity is welcomed with shrill cheers on some hill or other at Wimbledon.

Do I hate tennis, no, I think it is a great sport that is run in the UK by mediocre people that lets us down time after time. I was fascinated by it as a young lad and even got to be allowed to try it at our local club after doing duty as a ball boy to earn a couple of bob. After playing for about 15 minutes I was hauled off court by some officious committee member, because I was wearing black plimsolls!

Could have made a good plot for Midsummer murders. ::)

hevans

Tennis and golf, two sports linked with exceptional snobbery in the UK (and US)

I was asked to leave my father in law's golf club (we'd stopped in for a coffee while waiting for our respective wives) because I was not appropriately dressed. Jeans are not permitted, but paint stained worker's trousers were...

Little people, little minds keeping their ego's massaged by their own exclusivity derived from a narrow mind.

H.

spinner

Busybodies. I was standing at a rail crossing about 15 feet to the side of the tracks trying to photograph an approaching train. Just as I'd got my shot lined up this guy started screaming at me to back behind a fence. Startled me and put my shot out of focus. I'm a 56 yr. old man if I want to play near train tracks that's my business. I truly wish people would mind their own f'n business.  >:( I left then, rather than beat him unconscious with my monopod.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Nemesis

Actually WAMT on Sunday... Being told by an oh-so-clever (in his mind) photographer - yes, it had be a Nikon user - that I was holding my camera incorrectly while taking a shot in portrait mode.  I invited him to indulge in sex and travel.

hevans

Sore throat, uncontrolled coughing, >:( tired, must be a cold coming on. But why on the weekend?!

spinner

Murphy's law of weekends. ;D The severity of the symptoms is inversely proportional to the amount of fun you'd planned for your weekend.  :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

greypoint

Quote from: hevans on March 14, 2010, 11:14:41 AM
Sore throat, uncontrolled coughing, >:( tired, must be a cold coming on. But why on the weekend?!

Snap :-[

irv_b

Quote from: greypoint on March 14, 2010, 02:53:34 PM
Quote from: hevans on March 14, 2010, 11:14:41 AM

Snap :-[
Me three :-[
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

hevans

If we three have it, then it must be a computer virus...
Temp. In the rang of 39.5. Son seems to have it too.  :-\

picsfor

Quote from: hevans on March 14, 2010, 06:00:22 PM
If we three have it, then it must be a computer virus...
Temp. In the rang of 39.5. Son seems to have it too.  :-\
Probably a Trojan's Hoarse throat  :tup:

greypoint

But mine won't be as bad because it will simply be a cold rather than 'man flu' ::)

Graham

Man Flu?
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE     :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

picsfor

seen it before but it's still funny!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.