• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 62
  • Total: 62
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicrhodes

Day 7 in the house with no heating... am getting very tired and very bored of this... am told that the circuit board fitter will be here today between 9-6... please please let him come!

I just hope that this will move to the HAPPY thread later...

magicrhodes

Quote from: magicrhodes on January 04, 2010, 08:26:33 AM
Day 7 in the house with no heating... am getting very tired and very bored of this... am told that the circuit board fitter will be here today between 9-6... please please let him come!

I just hope that this will move to the HAPPY thread later...

It won't be moving to happy later  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Diesel @ £1.10/l when are us Brits gonna stand up and say enough is enough on fuel duty!!!!!

picsfor

Quote from: magicrhodes on January 04, 2010, 01:52:17 PM
Diesel @ £1.10/l when are us Brits gonna stand up and say enough is enough on fuel duty!!!!!

Never gonna happen. No back bone in society any more, it's been outlawed in favour of the minorities and the businesses.
You could always join Al Queda - sorry the Muslims - on their march through Wootton Bassett - you'd certainly feel the heat there!

Nemesis

Quote from: magicrhodes on January 04, 2010, 01:52:17 PM
I thought we did in 2000, what did happen to the protester's "You have 30 days, Blair" ultimatum?

stevebedder

I've been wondering the same thing myself! When fuel started climbing quickly everyone was up in arms, there were blockades etc but from memory that was before it even went through the £1/l mark.

Now we've been up to £1.32/l come back below £1/l and now back up to £1.10/l - it's crazy that there doesn't seem to be anyone making any noise about this like in the past.

Have those from the original protests been 'gagged'?

Steve

picsfor

As aid earlier in jest, they have been outlawed.
Not meaning to sound political in my statement but the current government (since 1997) have done more damage to freedom of speech than any other government - even in war years!
it's not only taking pictures that has been hit by the Terrorism Act!

anglefire

Quote from: picsfor on January 04, 2010, 06:20:45 PM
Not meaning to sound political in my statement but the current government (since 1997) have done more damage to freedom of speech than any other government - even in war years!

Whilst I don't disagree with you - I'm not convinced the Tories would have done anything different. Come the election, I'm not sure who would be best to be in power at the end of it. My fear is that whatever we get will cost us, one way or another.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Nemesis

Quote from: picsfor on January 04, 2010, 06:20:45 PM
The legislation came much later.  At the then end of the 2000 fuel blockades, and when the protesters had been granted a small concession, they issued the 30 day ultimatum to Blair and Brown to reduce fuel taxes or the blockades would recommence...  Neither happened, which makes you wonder who orchestrated the protests and for what purpose - what me, a conspiracy theorist?

Oldboy

Due to the cold weather it appears we are going to run out of gas!  :o

Looks like British Gas is more interested in profits rather than build storage facilities. What's the betting that the price of gas will go up again very soon.  >:(

Forseti

Quote from: Oldboy on January 05, 2010, 05:16:04 PM
Due to the cold weather it appears we are going to run out of gas!  :o

Hang on a minute - is this the same person who in the WMMFG thread was happy to see it snowing?  :doh:  :legit:
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

Oldboy

Quote from: Forseti on January 05, 2010, 05:20:25 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on January 05, 2010, 05:16:04 PM
Due to the cold weather it appears we are going to run out of gas!  :o

Hang on a minute - is this the same person who in the WMMFG thread was happy to see it snowing?  :doh:  :legit:

And I did enjoy the snow. Just thinking of others who need gas for their central heating.  ;D

picsfor

I'm relocating to Parliament - there's enough hot air to be found there  :2funny: :tup:

magicrhodes

Boiler man turned up to fix new part to boiler, fixed new part, left, boiler failed, boiler man came back, delcared new part needed ordering, left... House still cold and back to the inlaws tonight

picsfor

Quote from: picsfor on January 05, 2010, 05:26:29 PM
I'm relocating to Parliament - there's enough hot air to be found there  :2funny: :tup:

Now i've heard the news and what Mr Hoon & Mrs Hewitt are up to - i think there should be enough hot air to heat the whole of London!

greypoint

probably be a damp squib...we know they all love Gormless really...they keep telling us :2funny:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.