• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 84
  • Total: 84
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CC Meet Ups

Started by picsfor, September 04, 2009, 01:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

I've changed this thread in line with later posts etc.

This has now become the thread to discuss having meets. The Speakers corner Meet has now been moved to a new thread all of its own.

For those thinking of arranging meet ups, remember these simple following rules:

1. Consider transport facilities to the location of the meet up - not every one has transport and not every location has decent parking facilities
2. Make sure there are some refreshment facilities - walking around photographing for up to 6 hours can be demanding (yes the meets have lasted for 6 hours with ease)
3. Apart from the meet up point, have a basic plan with options for photographing and allowing for changing circumstances - such as the weather

For me, the trick has been to propose a meeting, with a date (or dates) and see what feed back you get.We are lucky in the South in that we have London with a good transport infrastructure and quite a large amount of photographic opportunities. From my own experience i know that Manchester, Birmingham and Liverpool have just the same facilities and i suspect that would also be true of Newcastle, Leeds, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
As for dates - well they can be changed.

Once you have a quorum - then you can announce a full blown meeting.
Believe it or not 3 can work - and any more becomes a bonus.

The most interesting thing about these meets is - just because you can't see any obvious inspiration - another attendee will - and that will help you find the shot.

magicrhodes

stevebedder

Great idea picsfor, sounds like it will be a great meeting as speakers corner always has 'colourful' and interesting people.

I get down south on a regular basis for business but thats usually during the week so won't be able to attend what I suspect will be a good get together.

Like you magicrhodes I was thinking if anyone was thinking of organising a northern get together?!?!

Steve

Sarasocke

Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Alfonso_Frisk

http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

hevans

Quote from: Sarasocke on September 04, 2009, 01:43:47 PM
How about one in Frankfurt  :legit:

Or Amsterdam....cheap QuesyJet Flights...

picsfor

Those familiar with the old DCM meets will be familiar with the idea.

A northern meet? But where do people live?

So, i'll throw open some ideas - a Manchester Meet, Windermere Meet, York Meet, Newcastle Meet.

If we can get some feed back on whre people live and what their weekend plans are. Also need to remember transport links as not every one can drive.

A Frankfurt Meet? I'd be interested - as my wife has spent time living nearby. I'd also be keen on a Berlin Meet - fasinating place with soooooo much to photograph.

So, feedback required please Ladies and Gentlemen.

skellum

For those interested in a Northern meet I would suggest Blackpool Illuminations which officially start this weekend.  Dave....... :legit:

stevebedder

I'm based just south of Manchester (at the moment) but don't mind travelling to meet up.

I guess we would need to find the geographical extremes of those wanting to meet and then find somewhere interesting to meet\shoot somewhere in the middle(ish).

Dave - great idea!!!

Steve

ABERS

Quote from: picsfor on September 04, 2009, 01:02:39 PM

It is hoped the Mr Abercrombie will be attending so any one not sure how to photograph strangers and Joe Public will be able to witness a master at work  ;)

Blimey Andrew that's put the pressure on. I'll be the one in running shoes and sporting a black eye!
Look forward to it and thanks for your usual impeccable arranging expertise.

Alan

PS less of the Mr please. :-[

Eileen

I'm in for the Speakers Corner meet. Should be fun.  :)

magicrhodes

I'm in Sheffield and that has the Peaks to hand! Rundown factories and modernish sculpture.... and is on the right side of the Pennines! ;D

Jonathan

Can I make a suggestion?  Cos I've seen this happen many times on many sites.

Let's have 2 threads.  One for the meet in London.  Another to discuss where other meets could be.  Any time there's an actual meet we just create a dedicated thread for that.

Because it's far too easy for the original idea to get swamped with "hey, why are there never any meets on Mull/in St Tropez/Cambodia/Mars?" and lose track of who's going and where it is.
It's Guest's round

hevans

And I would recommend a dedicated forum for the meet-up threads. Much easier to find them.

How about in the "Places of Interest" Section? have a 3rd forum, so it would be:

• places of interest
  • Up Your Street
  • CC Meet-ups

Mick

Quote from: hevans on September 04, 2009, 03:56:21 PM
And I would recommend a dedicated forum for the meet-up threads. Much easier to find them.

How about in the "Places of Interest" Section? have a 3rd forum, so it would be:

• places of interest
  • Up Your Street
  • CC Meet-ups

Done.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.