• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 28
  • Total: 28
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Discussion: how often do you take a picture that...

Started by picsfor, July 25, 2010, 11:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

Well, I've certainly created a discussion point - if nothing else.
As has been pointed out - there appears to be no right answer, as like most artistic activities, photography is very largely a personal affair.
Maybe I've just been used to activities where improvements can be measured in a very cold light.
It is somewhat difficult to say that i've achieved a 34% improvement in the quality of my pictures. It is a statement that can never be qualified!
Measuring by subjectivity is something i may have to learn or accept!

Without a doubt the pictures within my LR catalogue have mostly been rated in a downward manner. I suppose that is the one beauty of something like LR - i don't delete the images. I just reevaluate them, and at worst just remove them from the catalogue.

Most importantly, through your comments, i do at least have an idea of how to resolve my dillema.

Eileen

I think the point of that quote from Cartier Bresson was that you need to work hard, and keep working, to get good pictures. There are really no shortcuts. For me working hard is about taking pictures regularly and also about looking hard at those I've taken and those others take and learning from them. Pretty much what Jonathan and Alan said really. My best picture is always my next one.

I have sentimental attachments to many of my early pictures. One or two are not bad pictures too. But one of the many joys of photography is that there's always more to learn.  :)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.