• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 70
  • Total: 70
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

Not so newbie here

Started by krennon, August 28, 2013, 08:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krennon

Hi all

For those that don't know me my name is Keith, I've been on this site for a loooooong time now but haven't been active for a while due to work/home stuff going on. But back with a vengeance now and looking forward to being an active member again, for all newbies here welcome and if I can help at all I will (although there are far better and more knowledgeable togs on here than me lol) this is a great site full of helpful, inspirational and downright helpful people and we all try to get along apart from of course when it comes to the Canon vs Nikon wars which us Sony and Pentax users stay out of 'cos we have the superior cameras anyway  :dance: :legit:

So not a newbie but a member that's been too quiet on here so hello to old and new friends alike  ;)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

krennon

Thanks Oldboy  :tup: good to be back missed being here

SimonW

Hi Keith, Yes - Pentax users know their kit is better than either of those two!

(Though to be fair I've also got a very pocketable Canon Powershot S95 which I love.)
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Hinfrance

Hi again Keith.

I'm saying nothing about the camera wars. I've never had one made by a decent manufacturer that I haven't been happy with. Although the winder on my Rolleicord doesn't work properly any more - cheap German rubbish ;)

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

krennon

Howard did you hear about the Leica owner oh boy something like 1600 actuations on his 6k camera that is about 16 months old it's stopped working and leica are basically shrugging their shoulders and saying there is nothing they can do, as someone in AP pointed out though it is covered by Sale of Goods act so if that was me I would be kicking up a storm...not so cheap German Rubbish

oh and what's a winder?  :P :legit:

Hinfrance

Quote from: krennon on August 29, 2013, 06:39:06 PM
oh and what's a winder?  :P :legit:

It's what we oldies use to drag bits of light sensitive celluloid past a thing called a shutter that following a very smelly and complicated process can get an image onto a bit of paper. It's nostalgia, but apparently gaining in popularity again.  8) ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

michaelb104

Keith, good to see you back!!
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

krennon

Thank ee kindly one and all for the welcome backs and it's good to be back  :D :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.