• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 137
  • Total: 137
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Photo of the day or edit of the day

Started by oRGie, March 24, 2009, 10:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

OOooEeeeerrrr Graham, is that an omen or has someone got it in for the singer, was he that bad!??

With the right agent or publicist you could go far with this, imagine, Whitmore the Warlock Photographer foretells the mysterious stabbing of warbling wonder.

All you've got to do now is get someone to stab him!  :legit:

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on November 16, 2012, 02:18:39 PM
OOooEeeeerrrr Graham, is that an omen or has someone got it in for the singer, was he that bad!??

With the right agent or publicist you could go far with this, imagine, Whitmore the Warlock Photographer foretells the mysterious stabbing of warbling wonder.

All you've got to do now is get someone to stab him!  :legit:

Well. I was made redundant after 38 years a couple of weeks ago, so all career advise is greatly recieved.  :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

Sorry to hear that Graham, or is it a blessing in disguise?

ABERS

Beaux Reflets

Sepia tone works well with the subject Alan

I always thought you were a freelance tog Graham
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

ABERS

jinky

Like the arty shot and table and chairs Alan but the sepia / selected colour doesn`t work for me. Black and white with just the poppies popped maybe but not the chairs. Like the Psycho singer Graham  ;)

My attempt at something new, for me,  is a montage of some of my favourite sights in Prague

Reinardina

Love your table and chairs Alan.
Are you enjoying the montage work Paul?
As some of you may well know, I tend to get carried away regularly, when I start playing around with editing software.
This is the result of one of the fruit shots I took for the 'Yes Chef' competition.

'Oranges are not the only fruit.'

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Thanks for the comments folks. I can see what you're getting at Paul but it seems a little over complicated with perhaps too many items included.

jinky

Yeah Alan. Just a way for me to get 5 of my favourite sights into 1.Only every done blocked collection of images before postcard style so nice to try merging them more in layers

ABERS

A bit of fun from yesterday.

White on White by abers, on Flickr

A bit of ironing needed?

Reinardina

Don't think so; the creases provide nice texture!

ABERS

Spent a couple of hours out with the camera looking around the streets on Thursday.

The background picture is a shop window display, I took it because I could see that it might, at some time, be handy as a background, and the cool hatted gent sitting watching the world go by, just because he looked, well,  'cool'. 8)

Combined the two because at our time of life, memories are a precious commodity, hence the title. ;)

Memories by abers, on Flickr

ABERS

Nobody seems to use this thread very much.

It seems a good place to put any images that you have taken or worked on and perhaps show or explain what you've done to arrive at the finished article (maybe).

I took this at the Museum of London some good while ago and it's a bit of a cheat really. The mannequin was lit by the person that placed her in a reconstruction of the Biba shop from the '70's. Went there quite a few times with the Missus and the kids, a wonderful experience.

All I've tried to do is enhance it and present it so that she is 'in your face somewhat'

Reinardina

I like it very much, especially the 'in yer face-ness' of it.
Reminds me much more of the twenties though, than of Biba.

Okay, here's one I worked on today.

Daughter stayed a few days with us, and for some reason she hates me taking photographs. So when we went to Cowes for the day, I mainly took record shots. On and around the Earl of Pembroke, I had a bit more freedom, as she was distracted by other things. There I managed to get some reasonable shots, but for the rest ...

With a bit of time on my hands today, or rather getting fed up with what I was doing, I played around with one of the shots.
The original is of us, mother and daughter, leaning over the railings on the water's edge. Our shadows in the crystal clear water, that is.

I mixed it with a shot of flaky paint and played with saturation and a few filters to get to this Van Gogh/Gaugain inspired 'painting.'
I called it 'Watching the Storm.'

It has already been compared to an iss image, which I did not see immediately.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.